2011 Paxton 5.0 false knock

John6857

Established Member
Hello all, i recently picked up a 2011 mustang with a paxton blower and a bunch of other stuff. I am having lund tune the car and have been chasing down false knock for weeks and spending money on parts to attempt to fix it. As of now i have done:
BMR tubular radiator support
ON3 performance single turbo slim fan kit
Belt tensioner and belt

I can't seem to get my charge pipe fitment on point, no matter what i do i they rub, i have tried insulating them but still have not had any luck on fixing the knock. I have also noticed that the pipe that comes off the throttle body hits the head unit if i wiggle the pipe around. I have also tried insulating this, again with no luck. I stopped by a local reputable fab shop and he quoted me $800-$1000 to fab up completely new charge pipes to get them to fit better. My next step is to remove the rad support and rev the car at idle to see if it stops the knock before i spend the money on charge pipes being fabbed up. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Gruca

Established Member
It’s a pain in the ass, but getting them not to hit things is doable. I spent 4 hours this past weekend just changing angles and tightening clamps certain ways just to get everything to clear the radiator. Make sure those clamps are TIGHT. The pipe by the head unit should be moving much, if at all. Mine is nearly impossible to move unless I loosen clamps first.

Users who are viewing this thread