2011 OEM HID headlights

toastedbutter

Established Member
I think I have searched through the endless abyss in the forum of people making harnesses for all sorts of conversions... Seems like there is no one that still does this?

Bought my car a couple of months ago, looking at changing the headlights soon-ish. I want to go with either 2012 Boss or the S550 style headlights (mainly because I cannot bring myself to spending ~$500 or more on a retrofit kit).

And then I run into problems. First, besides the Raxiom sets on AM, virtually every aftermarket set says it is not compatible with factory HID. Secondly, I am not wiring savvy. So I was wondering if you all have any suggestions? Or know of any reasons/problems why this cannnot be done? Thanks in advance.

Roncanales

Established Member
IMG_0667.JPG
So to help you guys .. I am on ACMR on FB . I make harnesses to swap 13-14 lights in your 10-12 oem halogen or oem hid cars. I also make harness to swap the 10-12 oem hid into the 10-12 oem halogen cars. I also do retrofits for the 10-12 oem halogen cars. You can check out my page on FB @5.0motorsport or just text me anytime for any questions or want to see pics @832-418-2175 Ron

Dave M

Established Member
I added 2010+ factory HID's to my car, and you can re-pin a retro harness for an F-150 quite easily, and it works great.

AfricanSnowOwl

Established Member
I've also got factory hid on my 12' and want to change to those S550 style. Or even just factory style but with a black housing. There's no way I'd downgrade to non hid, but is it not possible to modify those S550 style housings to where the oem hid could work?

Users who are viewing this thread