2011 Mustang prices released

Stew

Established Member
Hello, I am eally interested in this car. i noticed a price Comparison to the Camaro earlier. This month GM raised all Camaro prices *with NO changes). Below is a comparison (threw the Challenger in too). All prices include destination.

Just to give a visual comparison of prices, all include destination

Base V6: $22995.00
Premium V6: $26695.00
Base GT: $30496
Premium GT: $33695.00

Camaro 1LS: $23530.00
Camaro 2LT: $24730.00
Camaro 2LT: $27725.00
Camaro 1SS: $31795.00
Camaro 2SS: $34795.00

Challenger SE: $23160.00
Challenger R/T: $31585.00
Challenger SRT: $41995.00

The true base difference between a Camaro 1SS and Mustang GT is $1300 and for the Premium vs 2ss it's $1100. Remember too, the Camro doesn't even offer anything like Sync or Navigation, or gear options, etc, etc.

ddtcm

Dan
Established Member
The Challenger can tell you 0-60mph time,1/4 mile time a g's. Kinda cool but not a mustang.I would still rather have a low mile,super clean Terminator for $20-$24k

ddtcm

Dan
Established Member
$30,500 for a base model Mustang GT with no options (aside from typical standard options) and you guys are all screaming YIPPEE that's awesome. Even if you were lucky enough to score a 0% interest rate through Ford Credit on a 2011 GT, you'd still be paying about $508 a month for 5 years for one of these things LOL :lol: :bash:

LOL,not me. Trade in a 07 for $16,625 and that leaves $16,375.Thats not so bad but I'd rather pick up a Terminator.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
$30,500 for a base model Mustang GT with no options (aside from typical standard options) and you guys are all screaming YIPPEE that's awesome. Even if you were lucky enough to score a 0% interest rate through Ford Credit on a 2011 GT, you'd still be paying about $508 a month for 5 years for one of these things LOL :lol: :bash:

And people wonder why they dont have money to pay cash for things? If you dont have the paycheck to save extra cash every month, how in the world are you going to find $400-500 a month for the car payment? Live on less than you earn and put away money every month you should have no problem coming up with 15-20k down to create a small payment, and still find money in your paycheck to start renewing the saving account.:idea:

polock4life

Established Member
problem with inflation is there is no way especially now with the economy the way it is for people to keep up with it. Very few people see large raises every year to keep up with inflation, most get a few percent if that every couple of years and many haven't gotten anything in the last two years except a pay cut.

Sorry buddy but everyone is paid for inflation each year for your salary, it's mandated by the US Government. It's typically around 2% yes, which may or may not match inflation.

Now I'm starting to second guess myself, but everyone I know who's on salary gets this raise.

And people wonder why they dont have money to pay cash for things? If you dont have the paycheck to save extra cash every month, how in the world are you going to find $400-500 a month for the car payment? Live on less than you earn and put away money every month you should have no problem coming up with 15-20k down to create a small payment, and still find money in your paycheck to start renewing the saving account.:idea:

EXACTLY!!!! If you don't have at least 20% to put down... you can't afford it. I have always put at least 50% down to keep my payments under $250. Not to mention the more money you put down, the less interest you pay. People have no clue these days what's going on with their finances. Everyone is "cash poor" because they're up to their ears in debt. It's like all these guys w/ great looking cars parked in front of their home w/ is either a duplex or worth 2-3x what their car is worth. I'm 25 and feel as if I'm light years ahead of people in their 30's w/ money comprehension.

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
I have NEVER taken a loan for the full purchase price of a car.. I prefer to have as few bills as possible.. That way I can ALWAYS afford what I have..

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
So I was just reading about the 2011 GT350 and it said it will have a modified 5.0 from the GT producing upwards of 500hp......FI or NA???

sounds pretty interesting

swoosh_stang

I'm not evil, Trust Me
Established Member
Sorry buddy but everyone is paid for inflation each year for your salary, it's mandated by the US Government. It's typically around 2% yes, which may or may not match inflation.

Now I'm starting to second guess myself, but everyone I know who's on salary gets this raise.

LOL, cost of living raises are not mandated by the government. Even for Government employees they are usually mandated because of a contract agreement with the employees respective Union.

2K4VENM

Setn off Ur Car Alarm!
Established Member
I'd rather get into a used 07 Shelby for a couple thousand more and call it a day. Love the new GT though.

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
If you want an IRS buy the Camaro and GTFO of the Mustang threads.

I'll take mine with SRA and 200 fewer lbs.

Every car I own now has IRS including my SUV and they all handle better then my previous SRA cars. Why would they offer this super high feature engine, 6 speed tranny, and back it up with a stone age suspension? I'd gladly pay an extra $1K for a real suspension option rather than this throwback setup to an era when nobody knew any better.

mach5.0

Established Member
Yes a top of the line mustang making less horsepower than a bottom of the barrel mustang gt that is progress. I dont want to see mod for mod which one has more potential of course the aftermarket for the cobra will be better and it does have more potential it should its top of the line. Theyre not gonna put forged internals into a gt what more do you want its a 5.0 making over 400 hp through a 6 spd. I would still prefer a terminator but the GT has me at least considering looking at them and I can say that is the first time that has happened.

Iman01

Established Member
You are comparing a top of the line mustang with a base model GT.

Yay for lack of brain cells.

I wasn't using the sarcasm font, moron.

It is progress, a base GT making the power of the previous top of the line car. Is reading comprehension too much for you. Oh yeah, you are COMMON.

50 Proof

Established Member
Every car I own now has IRS including my SUV and they all handle better then my previous SRA cars. Why would they offer this super high feature engine, 6 speed tranny, and back it up with a stone age suspension? I'd gladly pay an extra $1K for a real suspension option rather than this throwback setup to an era when nobody knew any better.

because solid axles work. You can build it to perform well at the drags or you can build it to handle well. You don't need IRS to be able to build an outstanding handling car. A car with a SRA can be built to handle quite well actually. Someone recently told me that Corvettes still use leaf springs in one form or another, so there's some food for thought for you.

no cigar

I want a $944 camera!
Established Member
new 400hp Cobra in 2004 - 32k OTD
new 400hp GT in 2011 - 30,500k + TTL + Delivery + Markup
Yay progress

There is no way you can even put the Terminators in the same class as this car. The amount of potential in a VERY underrated Terminator would decimate the new GT. Don't act like you don't remember the smoking deals on them around late 2004.

Maybe when the newness wears off and some are going for far below MSRP AND someone discovers how to run > 500rwhp on what is has from the factory (which is doubtful given how the new motor is pretty much tapped out)

Over 30k for a GT... Bull shit.

LSUstang05

Established Member
After looking at the PDF file the Nav isn't included in that price. It would be $2340 on top of MSRP. Then The Brembo Brake package would add $1695 To the MSRP too. So a 2011 with the options i would want would come to $36,880:??:
We are all forgetting that you can bargain for those things. Rarely do you ever pay full price for options like that. I'd have to see the nav system and the sync system working together to decide if I would want to have it. From just reading, it seems like it's a great deal to make driving and listening to your own music or talking on the phone a lot easier (and safer with the bluetooth ability).

Most likely leather, shaker sound system, other options that you probably won't need. Ambient lighting etc.

I'll take a bareass GT Coupe with cloth seats and a 6 speed.
More to a car than just going really fast. Just remember, "if ya ain't first, your last!" :poke:

Users who are viewing this thread