2011 Mustang GT/V6 Motortrend test

black03SVT

Established Member
I cant believe the performance numbers the six lays down... 5.1 Zero to sixty, 104ft sixty to zero, .96 lateral G, 31MPGs, 10K Mile oil change intervals... just goes on and on.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
very cool stuff, but a double post. Its listed in the road side pub section I believe...

Urlacher54

Established Member
I ordered Black/Black with the Brembo Brake Package, 3.73's! They almost had me talked into a Super Charger for it too, but my wife would have killed me in child support! LMBO

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I ordered Black/Black with the Brembo Brake Package, 3.73's! They almost had me talked into a Super Charger for it too, but my wife would have killed me in child support! LMBO

So they have s/c kits for these? Why did I hear before people saying the comp is 11:1 so s/c won't work, but I've been told other wise.

Congrats on your purchase!

marc97taws6

Established Member
Will be interesting to see what Chevy does to remedy Ford's new amazing 5.0

I am a GM guy, but damn, this new motor is impressive. I wonder how it will do on boost and how much it would be for cam packages? How much power can the new autos hold I wonder? I don't know because I am arguably not a Ford guy... yet.. theres a small possibility with this new beautiful Mustang.

Its hard to start a fan-boy war when both cars are impressive

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
To put a little "twist" on the cams discussion, If I were doing one, I think I would fully explore reprogramming a different timing arrangement on stock cams before replacing them with something that as yet is unavailable.

I think we are going to find that a little different twist strategy on the cam's timing will produce some significant increases, though no doubt at the expense of fuel economy and perhaps emissions.

Users who are viewing this thread