2011 Mustang GT 5.0 Cold air intake kits now available from MMR >>

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
MMR is pleased to release its 2011 Cold air intake kit, We have been in testing and development for a few months and are happy to release this great kit, dyno results have shown 15-20 HP with no tune required.

UPDATE: MMR intake powers the first 2011 into the 9's with Strictly Performance!

The Stage 2 kit is pictured below ($399), the Stage 1 ($199) (econo kit) deletes the heat shield and Inlet Tube

MMR%202011%204.jpg

!BuO4lCw!2k~$(KGrHqIH-DIEvoYkDm9SBL+colmJEg~~_35.JPG

Some Key Features:

Lifetime Warranty (all parts except filter)

Available in RED, BLACK and SILVER powdercoat

Gain 15-20HP with no other changes

Great Sound (quiet it idle and cruise speeds)

Stainless Steel Clamps and Hardware

3 Ply Aerospace grade Silicone couplers

Will accept DET (driver excitement tube for increased cabin sound)

Plug and Play- No tune Required

All factory vacume lines connect directly using factory fittings

Durable Powder Coated Finish

Precision CNC Machined Mass Airflow Housing

Washable 100,000 Mile S&B Air Filter (twin Cone)

Heat Shield included

100% US Made

MMR%202011%203.jpg

stock%20no%20intake%202011.jpg
intake%20installed%202011.jpg

Last edited:

Driver72

Established Member
It's been asked several times in the past threads, but have you guys posted a dyno sheet yet showing the power claims you are making?
I've yet to see it and would like too.
Dyno should be same dyno, same day, same octane gas baseline vs CAI modded.

Thanks

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
You posted the same thread before and is on page two of this forum...?

Post some before and after dyno charts and possibly the addition of a tune to show the capability of the kit.

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
No offense MMR but after WMS testing I think we're all a bit skeptical.

The installation was not completed properly by this customer, the computer was never reset as stated in the instructions and we had the very same thing happen so this is not new news, it still made more peak HP over stock on BOTH runs which is testament to its improved airflow over stock. The customer was told to reset the computer and he will see the gains across the board and not just at peak. Keep in mind this vehicle still showed gains and the computer was still thinking it had the original intake on it! If the short and long term fuel trims in the ECU are not reset what the customer experienced is what happens every time.

Stictly performance also showed huge gains in HP and Torque and put there 2011 into the 9's with help from the MMR kit.

A very well known magazine also just tested the kit and it should be on the newstands soon, there gains were identical to ours (19RWHP) the dyno graph will be in that article also so stay tuned! We have decided to post that graph because we feel it means more coming from a independant source, we will make a new post once the article is on newstands!

Last edited:

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Our pleasure, we understand people being skeptical and we have always let our products speak for themselves. Alot of people said the same thing about our 05-09 kit but in the magazine dyno test it made 5 more HP than the K&N kit! So far the results have been great and our customer feeback has also been great. We stand behind our products and claims and are always here to answer any questions!

Thank you for your input!

MMR

Last edited:

NeoTokyo

Established Member
It looks great and performs awesome.
What more can you ask?

And if MM&FF or 5.0 wrote an article on this intake then you know its good. :)

btw, I have not seen it yet but what did Stictly performance do to the 2011 to get it into the 9's?

:)

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I assume this is a stick kit?

As far as the 9's claim. I would think that had more to do with the trans and 350 shot wouldn't it, lol. ;)

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
It looks great and performs awesome.
What more can you ask?

And if MM&FF or 5.0 wrote an article on this intake then you know its good. :)

btw, I have not seen it yet but what did Stictly performance do to the 2011 to get it into the 9's?

:)

From the rumors i've heard. C4 Trans, 350 shot. Some people are claiming the car blew up after the run as well.

I asked on another forum from times from this weekend to see if the car was out backing up last weekend

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I assume this is a stick kit?

As far as the 9's claim. I would think that had more to do with the trans and 350 shot wouldn't it, lol. ;)

The MMR kit works for both 6 speed and auto, the only difference is the auto kit uses an extra nipple on the intake pipe, for the 6 speed we include a clean rubber cap (you cannot see it because it is on the bottom anyway!)

Last edited:

Driver72

Established Member
What is the problem with posting a before and after dyno on the same day, same dyno of this kit??

To be honest, the fact that there have been two threads on the MMR intake and I've asked for these dynos in both and I've yet to see them posted, you have other reasons to be worried than a potentially botched test by a customer.

There are now more reasons than ever for potential customers to be skeptical when a company seems to knowingly avoid posting up facts to a claim when potential customers have asked for it on many occasions.

Sorry MMR, but at this point without independent dyno testing of your intake, you've avoided (clearly for some reason, and that reason is more than likely not a good one for your company and claims) I would not purchase your product.

I will look elsewhere when my 2011 GT comes in (again, unless I see a few independent tests that show superiority in your intake and I receive positive feedback about your company from those independent people as well) as the apparent lack of response from customer request would also make me question your customer service as well.

Last edited:

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
like i said, i want to see before and after dynos on tuned cars. not stock cars.

a stock dyno is worthless. everyone takes a stock car and tunes it and claims x amount of gains, when most of those gains are in the tune.

i'd like to see cars tuned, dyno, throw on the cai, retune for an identical a/f and timing and tell me what it is

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
What is the problem with posting a before and after dyno on the same day, same dyno of this kit??

To be honest, the fact that there have been two threads on the MMR intake and I've asked for these dynos in both and I've yet to see them posted, you have other reasons to be worried than a potentially botched test by a customer.

There are now more reasons than ever for potential customers to be skeptical when a company seems to knowingly avoid posting up facts to a claim when potential customers have asked for it on many occasions.

Sorry MMR, but at this point without independent dyno testing of your intake, you've avoided (clearly for some reason, and that reason is more than likely not a good one for your company and claims) I would not purchase your product.

I will look elsewhere when my 2011 GT comes in (again, unless I see a few independent tests that show superiority in your intake and I receive positive feedback about your company from those independent people as well) as the apparent lack of response from customer request would also make me question your customer service as well.

There are independant dyno tests everywhere now on the MMR kit, we have also sent them to 2 magazines that found the same HP gains that we claim that will be on the newstands soon. Anyone can publish a edited dyno chart, we prefer to let our product talk for itself.

You mention our lack of response here online, unfortunately we are not always online, you can always call and speak with one of our tech reps if you need a quicker answer. We didnt however get a A+ rating with the BBB for having poor customer service, we appreciate your opinion and input, take care and please call if you need some more info or stay tuned for the Magazine tests.

Also below is a independant test on youtube, we are however not affiliated in anyway with the test or customer that purchased it.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mANI0PKr3wE&feature=related"]YouTube- WOODBINE MOTORSPORTS DYNO TESTING THE MMR CAI FOR THE 2011 MUSTANG GT 5.0[/nomedia]

351inside

Established Member
mmr, dont know if you still carry them, but a while back i think you were selling the rear gt500 bumper balace for the 2010-2011 mustang, just wondering if you still sell them... or maybe i have you guys confused....

Users who are viewing this thread