2011 GT500 ?

CobraG

Established Member
Hello, what do y'all think of this one: 2011 Ford Mustang for sale near OKC | 1ZVBP8JS6B5151026 Greg Darnell Ford Dealership OKC
Finally something local to me in the price range I'll look at.

Has anyone gone from a 2013/2014 5.0 to a 2011/2012 GT500? Any regrets? When I look at the inside of the GT500 it is practically identical to my 2013 5.0, however, the center gauge is analog on the GT500. I really like the digital read out on my 2013 5.0
Not sure about this one, I like the color, and of course I like the 5.4L s/c engine and the trans. The miles are good too.
Other than that not sure if this one is a go look at or a pass.

Canson

Established Member
Even tho the miles are low I would have passed on this.

No recaro seats , no electronic package and also no performance package I believe.

Skickat från min SM-N975F via Tapatalk

Redneckbmxer24

Established Member
That thing is WAAAAAAAAAY over priced. I bought a stock black stripe delete 2011 SVTPP car loaded with everything except for glass roof back in 2014 with under 20K miles from a dealer for the exact same price. Last year year I bought my 2012 white stripe delete SVTPP car loaded with everything but Recaros and glass roof with a ton of tasteful mods and 30K miles for $33K.

That's a bare bones model, I'd say it's about $8K overpriced. You can do way better for the price. There have been a few 13-14's sell for under $40K even.

Redneckbmxer24

Established Member

No recaro seats , no electronic package and also no performance package I believe.

Recaro's weren't an option in 2011. Only 2012+

CobraG

Established Member
Thanks everyone, glad I asked first. Price does seem a little high, but I wasn't sure.
How about anyone going from a 5.0 to an 11/12 GT500, any regrets?

Redneckbmxer24

Established Member
Thanks everyone, glad I asked first. Price does seem a little high, but I wasn't sure.
How about anyone going from a 5.0 to an 11/12 GT500, any regrets?

Who would regret going to a car with .4L more that’s built for boost, comes with a factory SC and makes way more power? That’s like asking someone if they regret going from banging a 5 to banging a supermodel.

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
I think it depends upon the area to around my area that’s a 28.5-31k Shelby.

Who would regret going to a car with .4L more that’s built for boost, comes with a factory SC and makes way more power? That’s like asking someone if they regret going from banging a 5 to banging a supermodel.

As long as she’s clean. Just because she looks like a 10 doesn’t mean you’ll catch / have issue down the road.

nickf2005

Established Member

I have none of that and I've been perfectly happy with my car for 8+ years and 57,000 miles. I get way more enjoyment out of my single option... glass roof.

It's all about how you're going to use and appreciate the car. My buddy has SVTPP and electronics package. He has 7k miles maybe on it and those don't add any extra enjoyment to the car for gis/our use. Why pay for things you don't need?

Now, if a car is overpriced regardless, then one should negotiate or pass.

Sent from my SM-G975U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

CobraG

Established Member
I think it depends upon the area to around my area that’s a 28.5-31k Shelby.

As long as she’s clean. Just because she looks like a 10 doesn’t mean you’ll catch / have issue down the road.

The price on that car with those miles is actually good for this area. There's a 2014 GT500 with over 50K miles for $40K. That's a lot of money for that many miles IMO. I'll go a little higher on the price for lower miles.

96gt02

Established Member
Not sure how things are things are around other parts but the price seems somewhat fair (still high) for what NJ area car dealers have been selling for which is around $33-34K for this

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
The price on that car with those miles is actually good for this area. There's a 2014 GT500 with over 50K miles for $40K. That's a lot of money for that many miles IMO. I'll go a little higher on the price for lower miles.

sure that’s a little high but what are the options? As comparing two stripper 500s Stock to stock a 11/12 vs 12/13, ones going to get more as the engine, trans, suspension (slightly) has improved plus more favor the front end of the late models.

Redneckbmxer24

Established Member

You can buy a “clean” car and have issues though, nothing is guaranteed. Overall these are extremely sound vehicles. The biggest issue is Fords shitty Sync but it is what it is.

Redneckbmxer24

Established Member

I’d buy that 2014 for $4K more all day over that overpriced 11 even if it had 3x the miles. Personally I don’t think you can go wrong with anything 11-14, but overpaying to get low miles is insane. If you can’t find a deal locally look nationwide, have it inspected (maybe fly out), and transported in or drive it home. Join the GT500 groups on FB, there’s a lot of good deals on good cars that get posted daily on those. By actual owners too where you can get a history, not a dealer where you won’t even get an honest answer whether it was traded in or how they acquired it.

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
You can buy a “clean” car and have issues though, nothing is guaranteed. Overall these are extremely sound vehicles. The biggest issue is Fords shitty Sync but it is what it is.

you pretty much repeated what I said except for talking solely about cars.

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
The price is high for the miles, make them an offer, 28500, put the ball in their court.
Have them print you a window sticker to check the MSRP..

nickf2005

Established Member
57,000 miles on mine. 5-6 dents, rock chips, and a couple scratches. Runs just as good as day one and Dyno'd at 507 in April.

Mint cars are overrated.

Sent from my SM-G975U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

CobraG

Established Member
I’d buy that 2014 for $4K more all day over that overpriced 11 even if it had 3x the miles. Personally I don’t think you can go wrong with anything 11-14, but overpaying to get low miles is insane. If you can’t find a deal locally look nationwide, have it inspected (maybe fly out), and transported in or drive it home. Join the GT500 groups on FB, there’s a lot of good deals on good cars that get posted daily on those. By actual owners too where you can get a history, not a dealer where you won’t even get an honest answer whether it was traded in or how they acquired it.

The 2014 is gone, I saw they lowered the price to $39,900, must have been enough to sway someone. I had thought about it, but with that many miles I passed on it. I'm a miles freak, not sure why, I think because I grew up around my dad always keeping the miles on his vehicles low. He still brags to this day about how many miles are on his vehicles. Drives my wife crazy.
I want to do a local trade only, I'll be trading my 2013 5.0. I really like the digital cluster in the middle of the gauges, that's part of the reason I'm not sure about the 2011/2012 GT500's. And they always go out of what I want to spend on the 13's and 14's.

Users who are viewing this thread