2011 GT500 Part Throttle Surge

VasiliBrown

Established Member
Hey everyone. I have a 2011 GT500 with a 2.5 pulley bbk throttle body and vmp heat exchanger. I took it to get dyno tuned because it was running super rich. I got it back from the tuner and now it has, what I'll call, a surge at part throttle under load. It only happens at lower RPM more prominently in 4th-6th gears. Anyone have this problem before. The guy tuning my car says he has no idea why it's doing that. He put it back to a stock ford tune and started tuning from scratch through SCT. Hopefully I can get some help. Sorry for the terrible video quality got destroyed with resizing and converting to gif

Attachments

• ezgif.com-crop.gif
    ezgif.com-crop.gif
    1.9 MB · Views: 110

decipha

Established Member
thats the throttle body doing that

if the throttle body is functioning correctly which it probably isnt then it would need to be dialed in

VasiliBrown

Established Member
thats the throttle body doing that

if the throttle body is functioning correctly which it probably isnt then it would need to be dialed in
So I checked the tps voltage values as I drive and the voltage doesn't fluctuate like what the car is doing. Also it did this before it got tuned when it was running rich. Could it running rich have masked this issue

decipha

Established Member
its unlikely

what throttle body do you have specifically?

what injectors and maf?

why was it rich before?

Users who are viewing this thread