2011 gt vs 2010 camero ss

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
The 5.0 heads are so strong from the factory I would be suprised to see an aftermarket head developed.

Livernois has them. They made 441rwhp with Stage Is and the stock cams through an automatic with a stall.

With some aggressive cams I could see ported heads making a nice difference. This is still a brand new platform, I think they still have someways to go.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Livernois has them. They made 441rwhp with Stage Is and the stock cams through an automatic with a stall.

With some aggressive cams I could see ported heads making a nice difference. This is still a brand new platform, I think they still have someways to go.

Are you sure they have a new head, or a modified OEM one?

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Have not seen much info on the FAST 102's on the LS3. The factory intake is pretty good. It will cost the LS owner more but he will have the option to jump to a much better head from Trick Flow or Performance Inuction and porting after that if his wallet has no bottom.

The 5.0 heads are so strong from the factory I would be suprised to see an aftermarket head developed.

LS3, cam, trickflow, FAST 102, full bolt on should put down better numbers than a cammed, ported, full bolt on 5.0. I would expect the torque difference to grow also. It is gonna cost the LS owner though for that win. I am glad the option is there though even though I am stuck with a dinosaur LS2.

Nothing but respect for the new 5.0.

The FAST 102/102 set up doesn't do much for the LS3. Cleaning up the stock intake does just as much. Maybe with a hogged out set of aftermarket heads, big cam, and a stroker the FAST set up may pay off.

The TFS heads do look promising. 255cc heads flowing 360+ cfm out of the box. The Mast Motorsports heads look good and PRC is coming out with an aftermarket set now too.

I think we'll see several 500+ rwhp packages with the TFS heads and a cam that's still very drivable.

Users who are viewing this thread