2011 GT: Installed CAI/SCT....can't go above 4k RPM

Dennis1417

Established Member
So I just installed an Air Raid CAI and SCT tuner on my GT. Install went good on the CAI, everything is in place.

I load the tune, 87 street/gas saver and give it a drive: in every gear it won't go above 4k RPM in any gear, 40mph was about the max. I literally had it to the floor in 2nd/3rd/4th and was stuck at 40mph and it would increase like 1mph/3sec. I take it out on a highway and it finally gets above 40, but it took forever. The car sounded normal, wasn't running rough, but it was like it was limiting the speed/RPM.

I figured maybe the 'gas saver' tune just controlled you to drive slow, but it didn't seem right. I then uploaded the 91 'performance' and 93 'race' tunes and they do the exact same thing. Randomly I would mash on the gas and randomly it would then allow me to go WOT.

At this point I returned it back to stock and now it seems to run very rough but the rev limiting is gone.

WTF IS GOING ON?!?!?!?!?!

turbosha

stirring the pot since'74
Established Member
Were you jacking with the options? You may have set the rpm limits or something. You cant run a stock tune with an cai that requires a tune. Go through your install and select the different parameters. Check to see if something out out of whack. Are you using an x3? I believe mine had a airraid option.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Check the CAI, make sure every thing is hooked back up and that the filter is on good. You might have gotten some debris on the MAF sensor/meter, make sure it is facing the correct direction and sealed up in housing.

Last edited:

NoSlo5oH

Established Member
Did you remove the insert from the CAI tube? It's supposed to be removed when running a tune and left in place without a tune.

draxxus131

Established Member
That actually sounds like your vehicle is going into limp mode, when you go to get on it does it shut the power down on you? Definitely contact your tuner, perhaps the wrong Air intake file was partitioned?

99arboC

Established Member
Does the RPM go over 4000 while not driving? The rev limiter could be set to 4000

Users who are viewing this thread