2011 GT finally hits the street!

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Show me one post, in my entire history on SVTP, where I put down a mustang or other ford product and acted like GM was the best car company ever.. Just because I own a SS, doesnt make me a troll. I'm here to actually learn about mustangs (specifically the 03/04 Cobra's because I want one after my SS). I should just take my cars out of my sig... and request a name change (if its allowed), but it seems like I'm automatically thrown in the "troll" category by some members here just because of what I drive and being told to "go back to LS1Tech". Do I own a ford product? No. I'm a car guy.. I actually spend way more time here than I do over on tech.

I'm not here to educate anyone on GM stuff.. If they have a question, I'll answer if I can. I dont start threads about new GM aftermarket products... Although I will admit I have posted up quite a few pics of GM vehicles here. I know this is a ford site.. But on the otherhand, just because someone owns something other than a ford here, that shouldnt mean they dont know what theyre talking about. One of my best friends can tell you anything you want to know about a mod motor, like the back of his hand.. And he owns a built C5 vette. I'm sure he knows more about them than many people here.. So should he be considered a troll and stay on LS1Tech just because he owns a vette when he could actually contribute here? :shrug:

Same thing over on tech.. I get mad when people tell ford guys to GTFO, not knowing they actually know their shit, can answer questions about LSx engines, and just want to help the community out and try to pick up some new info in the process.

While i've been a member here, MOST people have shown respect to me and other GM guys, as long as they were being respectful back. Rip on the trolls all you want, but just keep in mind, not every GM guy/non ford owner is here to stir the pot. Some of us GM guys would rather be piloting a ford over our GM cars. LS1Tech can be brutal for ford guys.. And I will admit theyre much harder on Ford guys there, than some are on GM guys here. I'll stand up for the Ford guys over there.. And love having the diversity and assortment of cars.. It can come in handy having ford guys there that can answer questions about different set-ups... Knowing you dont always have to leave the forum for an answer. The admin over on Tech owns a pretty nasty cobra too!!

Just had to get that off my chest. I'm done with this thread.. :beer:

Bitch please. :lol:

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Dude, I see it as Mike talking about his car just like other guys in this thread are talking about Mach 1's, LS1 Camaro's, Ford GT's, '11 Mustangs, blah blah blah. Him talking about his 100k+ ZR1 is no different than you talking about what your bolt-on car runs at the track. Jealous beings like you make me sick to my stomach. You may not drink Kool-Aid but it's apparent you love u some Hatorade. :lol1:

Jealous of what? Having in inflated ego and elitist trolling? :shrug:

It was a fun break from the usual collection of intelligent conversation that happens here though. Thanks for the laughs I guess.

:bowdown: Chevy :rollseyes

This 'gm' owner gives respect when it's due and doesn't think Chevy is the end game. I guess that makes me jealous.... (of ford owners:dancenana:)

x99blacksnakex

Horsepower over Willpower
Established Member
Mustang shows true colors - LS1TECH

That's ridiculous, especially since it's a customer's car. With posts like that I really wish they would stop trolling our forums and go back to ls1tech (except for Camaro_94 you're fine lol).

Honestly, the bottom line is that stock for stock the 2011 GT is faster than the 2010/2011 SS. Bowtie boys should at least have some respect for that fact, instead of coming on here and trolling.

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
Mustang shows true colors - LS1TECH

That's ridiculous, especially since it's a customer's car. With posts like that I really wish they would stop trolling our forums and go back to ls1tech (except for Camaro_94 you're fine lol).

Honestly, the bottom line is that stock for stock the 2011 GT is faster than the 2010/2011 SS. Bowtie boys should at least have some respect for that fact, instead of coming on here and trolling.

Read the whole thread. It was just a joke. The guys bumper on that stang was about to get repainted.

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
Show me one post, in my entire history on SVTP, where I put down a mustang or other ford product and acted like GM was the best car company ever.. Just because I own a SS, doesnt make me a troll. I'm here to actually learn about mustangs (specifically the 03/04 Cobra's because I want one after my SS). I should just take my cars out of my sig... and request a name change (if its allowed), but it seems like I'm automatically thrown in the "troll" category by some members here just because of what I drive and being told to "go back to LS1Tech". Do I own a ford product? No. I'm a car guy.. I actually spend way more time here than I do over on tech.

I'm not here to educate anyone on GM stuff.. If they have a question, I'll answer if I can. I dont start threads about new GM aftermarket products... Although I will admit I have posted up quite a few pics of GM vehicles here. I know this is a ford site.. But on the otherhand, just because someone owns something other than a ford here, that shouldnt mean they dont know what theyre talking about. One of my best friends can tell you anything you want to know about a mod motor, like the back of his hand.. And he owns a built C5 vette. I'm sure he knows more about them than many people here.. So should he be considered a troll and stay on LS1Tech just because he owns a vette when he could actually contribute here? :shrug:

Same thing over on tech.. I get mad when people tell ford guys to GTFO, not knowing they actually know their shit, can answer questions about LSx engines, and just want to help the community out and try to pick up some new info in the process.

While i've been a member here, MOST people have shown respect to me and other GM guys, as long as they were being respectful back. Rip on the trolls all you want, but just keep in mind, not every GM guy/non ford owner is here to stir the pot. Some of us GM guys would rather be piloting a ford over our GM cars. LS1Tech can be brutal for ford guys.. And I will admit theyre much harder on Ford guys there, than some are on GM guys here. I'll stand up for the Ford guys over there.. And love having the diversity and assortment of cars.. It can come in handy having ford guys there that can answer questions about different set-ups... Knowing you dont always have to leave the forum for an answer. The admin over on Tech owns a pretty nasty cobra too!!

Just had to get that off my chest. I'm done with this thread.. :beer:

I wasn't necessarily referring to you- however, if the shoe fits..... butI will leave that up to you to decide.

I suppose a troll has slightly different meanings to different people. But I think you and I are somewhat alike in that we are PERFORMANCE fans first. I've owned and driven MANY cars some domestic, some foreign but ALL were "higher" performing and or modded vics. I belong to several websites, mostly to find out more about a particular car or manufacturer. But what I do NOT do is sign up to a forum specifically to bash or contradict members of that boiard. That's not to say I will back down from a disagreement but I don't go on just to stir the pot. That can't be said for MANY people on here. And it's one reason I left LS1tech- for one, people are just friendlier over here. For another people there just seemed to be SO die-hard Chevy that most couldn't appreciate ANYTHING made by anybody but GM. I don't see that over here but I'm sure others will disagree. I will say this- if you come on this site and most others and especially if you are a newb and start talking trash you can expect to meet "resistance"- some folks apparently don't understand that.

Oh well- guess that's what makes the world go round

x99blacksnakex

Horsepower over Willpower
Established Member
Read the whole thread. It was just a joke. The guys bumper on that stang was about to get repainted.

Still though. If you have a customers car you don't screw around with it, regardless of whether it's getting painted over or not.

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
Well now maybe the trolls will be quiet as that car of strickly went hi 9's w n2o, 4 rear control arms, a c4 , battery relocated, race seats and slicks. And the tuning, maybe they figured out the cam timing and tuning. Why that music is on the video idk? But think if they did, it would make other engines seem a antique being able to elect change the lsa and duration. Only thing better would be solenoid operation of a valve. No cam at all. Maybe they did it just to mess w ppl idk.

There is surely no new camaro go that quick w only those mods w a stock longblock w/o being a shell body. Maybe a c6 z06 vette. Those are light.:rockon: Ppl were harping about 5.0 being tapped out, well that's been proven wrong.

The latest lmao is they say a cammed camaro sounds better... bfd, I'd rather get good mileage and power, 640+ whp is serious power from 5.0L. Ok gm and chrysler got caught w their pants down so far. That prob change but that camaro and challenger needs to go on a serious diet. Then maybe stang get a alum frontend, hood is already. A stang weight cut another 150 off the front w be real good deal.

mrlrd1

Established Member
Well now maybe the trolls will be quiet as that car of strickly went hi 9's w n2o, 4 rear control arms, a c4 , battery relocated, race seats and slicks. And the tuning, maybe they figured out the cam timing and tuning.

So all it took was weight reduction, slicks, suspension, exhaust and tune?, A TRANSMISSION SWAP WITH CONVERTER, AND A 300 SHOT!!!!!

That's all.

NoSVT's4me

Established Member
So all it took was weight reduction, slicks, suspension, exhaust and tune?, A TRANSMISSION SWAP WITH CONVERTER, AND A 300 SHOT!!!!!

That's all.
Have you seen a C4 or any other fully automatic that doesn't need a converter?

While you're trying to play it up as some serious build, what else can you recall running 9's with so little done by the aftermarket? What else can you recall getting to 9's so quickly? How many engines are you aware of that powered a car to 9's on stock internals? By that last one alone, the Mustang GT is obviously in good company... That's all.:thumbsup:

I've heard rumors of a 300 shot, but is that what it really had, or was it less, 250 or so? That's a massive amount of nitrous that MOST engines couldn't withstand, stock or not.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member

That's all.

No where anywhere has strictly performance posted that the car has a 300shot, nor did they post it has weight reduction. When they ran 10s the car didn't even have an exhaust, FULL WEIGHT and bogarts, 125 shot and the extent of the suspension was control arms.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avULeTJRgGU"]YouTube- Strictly Performance 2011 Mustang 5.0[/nomedia]

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
Like was said bfd if it was a 300 shot, every ls1 f body camaro guy I know def has more mods than that to go 9's. And several do go nines and are my friends. So fk off troll. You are just mad because the new 5.0 is doing well.

I have several fbody friends running 9's and you are talking let's see.... ported heads, or l92 heads, cam, maybe that intake w a 4 barrel throttle body, suspension stuff front and back mostly bmr stuff, A rear end either 12 bolt or 9". a th400 w a stall converter, tires, headers and 3" exhaust. Racing seats, battery relocation. A ecu flash for sure. A set of rods and pistons some already have a steel crank. I may not be all versed on lsx but I can ask my friends anytime cause we don't act all full of crap. Even a mid 10 camaro needs about as much. And of course a 408 lsx stroker makes it def easier or should than a 5.0L or does it?

You joker's bitched to hi heaven about the 03/04 cobra w a s/c, why? Because gm did not offer a s/c v8 then, now it's all great in a vette and caddy. I think it's good too. I'm not a azzhole. Hypocrite's.

THAITED

Established Member

That's all.

Wow I'm surprised too!!!!! The new 5.0 took 300 shot and still stands because the stock LS would have blown up before it even runs.:lol1::thumbsup::xpl:

NoSVT's4me

Established Member
I saw mention yesterday the car actually STILL has a 6speed transmission... Does anyone know the truth of this???

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
I saw mention yesterday the car actually STILL has a 6speed transmission... Does anyone know the truth of this???
Stricklys has a c4 and it was a 6 speed auto car. Evolutions mid 10 sec car is a 6 speed manual and so is jpc's 10 sec 5.0.. Oh evolution did a hi 10 n/a also w the 6 speed manual.. The problem w stock 6 speed auto is no one has built a hi stall converter yet. Plus for racing it is heavy like 200+#. All on utube. Hope that clears that up.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread