2011 GT finally hits the street!

Ju1ce

Banned
That's right! No more mag hype, no more shop car hype. Real world feedback!

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2fo3KHupBM"]YouTube- 2011 5.0 Mustang[/nomedia]

Ouch.

vertcobra99

dacube
Established Member
the GT had 80 miles on it... it needs to break in and the guy probably doesn't even know how to drive it yet...

Packy

FBGM
Established Member
I have a feeling you are going to be so popular around here. Good race and daylight too is always a plus!

Well lets start with what we know. The 5.0 is bone stock with a 3.31 gear and probably less than 100 miles on it. The driver is clearly a bit larger and he had a passenger. The 5.0 took about a half a car jump. Not a full car like you say on tech. Then there is the looming question of how do we know what the SS has done to it? He never popped his hood so the shadow of doubt looms.

Last edited:

Mach Boy

Established Member
I have a feeling you are going to be so popular around here. Good race and daylight too is always a plus!

Well lets start with what we know. The 5.0 is bone stock with a 3.31 gear and probably less than 100 miles on it. The driver is clearly a bit larger and he had a passenger. The 5.0 took about a half a car jump. Not a full car like you say on tech. Then there is the looming question of how do we know what the SS has done to it? He never popped his hood so the shadow of doubt looms.

/thread

LS2GTO

Established Member
the GT had 80 miles on it... it needs to break in and the guy probably doesn't even know how to drive it yet...

And the excuses start flowing...

Todd03Blown

Established Member
the owner of the 5.0 owns the SS as well...there is another thread about this..go read it and find out the real story.

Packy

FBGM
Established Member
And the excuses start flowing...

No excuses. Just stating the obvious. The Mustang lost. Wow that has never happened before...:D I was just stating that was the expected outcome in my opinion for the weight differance. I mean it wasn't like he had multiple car lengths on the 5.0. It appeared to my feeble eyes he made up the half a car and pulled maybe one or two on the big end. So it ran as a car does that had a passenger or 200 extra pounds really. Then there is the obvious how do we know if the SS is bone stock.?.

Last edited:

JJs89lx

In the making.....
Established Member
As I posted in the other thread.... [ame=http://forums.themustangsource.com/showthread.php?t=483191]IT'S HERE!! - The Mustang Source[/ame]

Well i got a suprise call today when my dealer called me and said my car had arrived, i thought he was bs'ing at first but he confirmed the vin right off the car and i drove up and sure enough my baby is in.

Finishing up the paperwork was torture knowing my car was just sitting out there, everyone at the dealership was huddled around it like some circle jerk i had to get my buddy that works up there to fend them off with a stick.

Anyways had my other buddy drive my 01 ss (mostly stock) up and down some back roads racing my new 5.0 and while i had an extra 250 lbs in the car with me and only 8 miles on the odo my old camaro was winning every race by about a half length once we got past 100.

couple of things before people start jumping off cliffs.

1. the car only had maybe 10 miles on the odo
2. i had an extra 250 lbs in the car (ford salesman who helped me fend people off)
3. that motor in my 01 ss dynoed at 330 rwhp stock (helluva underating)

i think it had more to do with the car not being broke in, after 70 miles i raced another friend in a g8 with cam and full exhaust and tune and had em (not by much) but still.

I can't figure out how to turn off traction control WTF..

Anyways all those races today except the g8 were caught on film and i will be posting them up later on tonight. (i have to go to a very important thing right now and will get back online tonight.

But until then enjoy this pic ;)

img00006201005121807.jpg

I'll be posting vids tonight and high quality pics tomorrow.

Please read before you spread rumors or try to start a discussion.

Stopsign32v

Established Member
Ju1ce have you got that piece of shit Goat of yours out of the 12's yet? :lol: Good to see you over here man. :coolman: Now better mod up before a stock new Mustang outruns you.

LS2GTO

Established Member
Please read before you spread rumors or try to start a discussion.

The SS guy dynoed 330 at the wheels stock? Either that's a damn generous dyno or he actually does have stuff done to it and he doesn't know.

JJs89lx

In the making.....
Established Member
The SS guy dynoed 330 at the wheels stock? Either that's a damn generous dyno or he actually does have stuff done to it and he doesn't know.

Edit: He has to have things done to it and not know. 330 to the wheels out of a lid?
For my quote...

I was referring to the excuses. Didn't mean that personally to anyone.

I said the same thing about the 330 to the wheels. I just choose to keep a lot of things to my self. I posted the link for everyone to read along with the first post for everyone to form an opinion with value toward the video. Thats all.

As for the rumors and discussions - Thats all they are. Rumors that are spread because of a video not back with facts or even hints of facts. Nothing personal toward anyone. Just take it with a grain of salt.

Last edited:

S8ER01Z

Established Member
I think he has a Lid...I think...

I made 324rwhp/341rwtrq with 'FRA Mod' (literally...no tune, no bs... just the bottom of the airbox cut out) through stock paper filter in my Z28... car weights 3440lbs (full weight, full tank). :shrug:

Last edited:

boltonmach1

Established Member
This is probably one the first times the engine has ever been WOT and lsx fan boys are already celebrating. der der der.

I love me some lsx humping but get real guys, the mustang is going to be much faster stock for stock.

And if it's been on a dyno, it's probably running an aftermarket tune as well.

Last edited:

S8ER01Z

Established Member
This is probably one the first times the engine has ever been WOT and lsx fan boys are already celebrating. der der der.

I love me some lsx humping but get real guys, the mustang is going to be much faster stock for stock.

And if it's been on a dyno, it's probably running an aftermarket tune as well.

Don't group us all together... given the facts the 5.0 should pull out of the hole and continue pulling on the top end. I would expect to lose by more than a car length against a stock 2011 GT in the 1/4 (2 ~ 3 tenths and 1 ~ 2mph) given similar launches. Just waiting for someone around here to get one so I can make it happen. :beer:

As for being on a dyno = having a tune??? Are you kidding? Dyno pulls are like 50~75 bucks for a 2 or 3... . tuning is several hundred dollars minimum. I've been on the dyno and don't have a tune.

Last edited:

Fox Fan

Average guy
Established Member
As an LS1 owner/fan I do not expect my stock C5 corvette to outrun the '11 GT despite the video. In all honesty, I'm probably going to beat a few of the drivers, though.

I've outrun a couple of C6s in the 1/4, and I'm sure I could run out and get a video of that, post it all over the net, but I'm still pretty sure no one would believe that C6s are overhyped and C5s are a legitimate race.

Users who are viewing this thread