2011 GT Auto trans issue

kelsey

My 2011 GT has a strange issue. With a cutom tune from vendor "A", my car runs better than the other tune I have purchased from another reputable vendor. The issue happens when the car downshifts from 2nd into 1st as you come to a stop. Every say 5th or 6th time, I get this clunk that feels like slop it the driveshaft. It only happens with the one tune. Of course that tune is my favorite as it seems to hold the revs a bit longer during normal driving and the car just feels stronger. I had the vendor try to adjust it, but it still happens. I guess my long-winded question is, WHY DOES THIS HAPPEN with this tune, and do you think it will hurt my trans or driveshaft components in the long term? Thanks guys!!!!

davidhuff

Established Member
Get a tune from Jon Lund or just give him a call.Good Luck.
LUND RACING 484-442-0495

Last edited:

StangLoveR

Established Member
You win the least helpful post of the day award. Unfortunately my post comes in second. Will someone add something actually useful?

davidhuff

Established Member
You win the least helpful post of the day award. Unfortunately my post comes in second. Will someone add something actually useful?
Looks to me he has already bought two tunes for his gt.Give Jon a call and stop pissing away money!I forgot to add that Jon Lund does all the tuning for Lethal Performance and Evolution Performance.

Last edited:

drewzx3

Established Member
Looks to me he has already bought two tunes for his gt.Give Jon a call and stop pissing away money!I forgot to add that Jon Lund does all the tuning for Lethal Performance and Evolution Performance.

He could be running a Lund tune already. We don't know.

Last edited:

kelsey

I didn't state the vendor's name since he is a decent guy who is tying to help. I don't know what other info to give? Just wanted to know what the clunk is and does it do long-term damage? Thanks.

kevinp

Established Member
I didn't state the vendor's name since he is a decent guy who is tying to help. I don't know what other info to give? Just wanted to know what the clunk is and does it do long-term damage? Thanks.

These cars have a very high (numerical) 1st gear and a lot of driveline slop with the 2 piece driveshaft so if it shifts into 1st when moving you are going to feel it. Especially if the shifts are made quicker/harder than stock.

Mine did it some stock, some with one tune and more with another tune, I dont think you can totally avoid it if you want it to shift into 1st while still moving. The tune with this blower doesnt do it much at all but every once in a while it does it. Unless you want to tune it yourself all you can do is work with your tuner to fix it if he is willing or try another tuner. There are about 150 tables for shift points, pressure and timing so it may take a little work to pinpoint and eliminate it.

Problem with swapping tuners is a lot of times people dont realize they have the same issue as you (or even have the same car) and some things are pretty universal..

I dont think it will hurt anything at all long term, I was driving a new F150 the other day with a 6R80 and in tow/haul mode with a 4000lb trailer on the back and it slammed pretty good down into 1st gear when coming to a stop, didnt notice it much in normal mode..

Last edited:

grnenvy

Established Member
yo

He's 100% right. It sometimes takes a while to get it perfect which is normal. My first tune from Rick at Amazon was perfect. You need to data log it and send it to them so or take it to them for a road test so they can fix it. Put an aluminum DS in it and it will get even more noticeable. But there are some people that don't care about drivability or road noise but I'm anal so I feel your pain.

These cars have a very high (numerical) 1st gear and a lot of driveline slop with the 2 piece driveshaft so if it shifts into 1st when moving you are going to feel it. Especially if the shifts are made quicker/harder than stock.

Mine did it some stock, some with one tune and more with another tune, I dont think you can totally avoid it if you want it to shift into 1st while still moving. The tune with this blower doesnt do it much at all but every once in a while it does it. Unless you want to tune it yourself all you can do is work with your tuner to fix it if he is willing or try another tuner. There are about 150 tables for shift points, pressure and timing so it may take a little work to pinpoint and eliminate it.

Problem with swapping tuners is a lot of times people dont realize they have the same issue as you (or even have the same car) and some things are pretty universal..

I dont think it will hurt anything at all long term, I was driving a new F150 the other day with a 6R80 and in tow/haul mode with a 4000lb trailer on the back and it slammed pretty good down into 1st gear when coming to a stop, didnt notice it much in normal mode..

GeorgeInNePa

Established Member
Mine will do it every now and then. It seems as if you need to have the conditions just right and all the slop stacks up just right.

I'm not worried about it.

Users who are viewing this thread