2011 GT A6 downshift issues?

FiveLeeter918

OK Performance Fords
Established Member
Hey guys, so I have an NA 2011 GT, stock engine, stock trans with basic bolt-ons and e85. Occasionally (not always) when I get into a roll race on the highway (in Mexico), the car will exhibit some weird things. If I am in D at 60 mph (6th gear) and hammer down, instead of the car jumping down to 3rd like usual and pulling to 125 (3.15 gears still), the car will take about a second to downshift. You can hear it spool up like a turbo, then drop to 5th, then 4th, and then 3rd. Sometimes it will just stay in 4th, which pulls longer but kills acceleration. I have also noticed that occasionally if you do a quick stop at a stop sign (3 sec and go) the car will sometimes still be in gear. I've logged it and it shows that it's still in 2nd gear so it's lagging starting out.

Spoke with my tuner and he said that downshift characterists are left stock, but if I can log it he can adjust. Problem is every time I log, it does perfectly fine.

Is this a tune issue, or something mechanical? Oh yea, car has 90k miles, I bought it with 32k and it's still on the oem tranny fluid as far as I know.

92fiveohfox

Established Member
1. Manually select your gear if you are roll racing. #2 that's a tune issue. I had the same thing and new tuner fixed it.

momogt

Established Member
I have had this same issue with my car since I bought it. And I have tunes from some of the top tuners out there and still have the same issue.

92fiveohfox

Established Member
I have had this same issue with my car since I bought it. And I have tunes from some of the top tuners out there and still have the same issue.

I see from your sig you have a vmp tune. Mine did it with vmp as well. I even got a few revisions from them to fix it but it never did. Try aed.

Billgluckman

Established Member
I just made a thread on another forum about the same problem. Mine did it with factory tune, and still does it with a lund tune. 30k miles on mine.

I have a feeling if there was a cable attached to the pedal and throttle body we wouldn't have this problem.

Users who are viewing this thread