2011 GT 500 what upgraded pumps to go with for E-85

crunkz06

Established Member
i just don't wanna max out my injectors or be close to it.... i wanna play it a bit safe.. what would the injector duty cycle roughly be with 56llbers and dw300's? and what would it be if the boost a pump was thrown in the mix? just curious, and thank you for your reply

SirShaun

Established Member
i just don't wanna max out my injectors or be close to it.... i wanna play it a bit safe.. what would the injector duty cycle roughly be with 56llbers and dw300's? and what would it be if the boost a pump was thrown in the mix? just curious, and thank you for your reply

I'm under the assumption, that injectors are the biggest/final bottle neck. For example, you can run out of pump, but the injectors can carry the load. If you run out of injector your screwed.

We need more details before we can give you an estimate. What's the info on the car? What Blower? Pulleys? PSI? Fuel Type?

It's going to take someone with a similar setup to give you an estimate on duty cycle. E85 is not possible with 56lb injectors if that is what you are going for.

A snippet I stole from VMP's website regarding 56lb injectors. The following is without a doubt, based on using pump gas. E85 requires 2x the flow, when compared to pump gas.

"56lb/hr fuel injectors for 07-12 GT500.

They are a great upgrade for 07-12 GT500. No charge for tune updates for current tuning customers when purchased from VMP.

Due to their design and port targeting these injectors have the best driveability and fuel economy for setups in the 650-750rwhp range.

On 07-12 GT500 with TVS these are recommended for 2.4 upper and stock lower. A 10% overdrive lower and a 2.5 upper is the limit for these fuel injectors when used with fuel pump boosters (VMP or KB BAP). Beyond that we recommended ID725s or ID1000s."

crunkz06

Established Member
thanks for posting that stuff from vmp. here is some more info, the car is a 2012 and all of the parts are new in boxes awaiting install in 1 week.
vmp gen 2 blower
56lb injectors
2.4 pulley
123mm CAI
67mm throttle body
VMP boost a pump
X pipe with no cats
afco heat exchanger w/fans
13-14 heat exchanger pump
13-14 radiator fan
170 thermostat

i am not looking to run e85 at all, just looking for 700 at the wheels or somewhere in that region.

SirShaun

Established Member
thanks for posting that stuff from vmp. here is some more info, the car is a 2012 and all of the parts are new in boxes awaiting install in 1 week.
vmp gen 2 blower
56lb injectors
2.4 pulley
123mm CAI
67mm throttle body
VMP boost a pump
X pipe with no cats
afco heat exchanger w/fans
13-14 heat exchanger pump
13-14 radiator fan
170 thermostat

i am not looking to run e85 at all, just looking for 700 at the wheels or somewhere in that region.

Your good on fuel for 700whp. Probably be around 85% duty cycle, which is acceptable. Those mods will put you close to 700whp. You'll probably end up a little short. Email tunes are fairly conservative in regards to timing. An actual dyno tuning session could net you +15-20hp getting you to the 700 mark.

Once the install is done, and a dyno day is scheduled, create a new thread. I'm interested to hear how it turns out for you. Folks usually create a guess my numbers thread :), then share the results.

I went a little different route, 2.4 Upper, 10% Lower, but timing is super conservative (14 degrees if I recall correctly). The thought being, increase fuel quality, then increase timing. I did 686whp/700ft-lbs in crap air on the email tune, with 93 pump. Could probably add a few degrees in the mid range but have yet to do it. I've seen folks go your route and make just as much, sometimes more.

Waiting for my buddy to get me in for an HP Tuners session, to see what I can really get away with.

crunkz06

Established Member
Your good on fuel for 700whp. Probably be around 85% duty cycle, which is acceptable. Those mods will put you close to 700whp. You'll probably end up a little short. Email tunes are fairly conservative in regards to timing. An actual dyno tuning session could net you +15-20hp getting you to the 700 mark.

Once the install is done, and a dyno day is scheduled, create a new thread. I'm interested to hear how it turns out for you. Folks usually create a guess my numbers thread :), then share the results.

I went a little different route, 2.4 Upper, 10% Lower, but timing is super conservative (14 degrees if I recall correctly). The thought being, increase fuel quality, then increase timing. I did 686whp/700ft-lbs in crap air on the email tune, with 93 pump. Could probably add a few degrees in the mid range but have yet to do it. I've seen folks go your route and make just as much, sometimes more.

Waiting for my buddy to get me in for an HP Tuners session, to see what I can really get away with.
thank you for all your info, i will definitely keep you updated and start a new thread

Users who are viewing this thread