2011 Grabber blue modded 5.0, low compression #8 cyl

apex32

5.slow
Established Member
bump. I purchased a brand new boss 302 short block that can go with the car or not.

Blown408 86GT

94GT 617 rwhp fun machine
Established Member
OP...if its only 6% that isn't a huge deal. What you should have done is a leak down check to tell you the exact health of the motor. This will tell you were the issue is whether leackage through the valves, rings etc. If you were near here, I'd have you come out and I'd do it myself.

I wouldn't base a decision on selling or even changing the motor for 6% on a compression test.

venom04svt

Established Member
Do what all of us with the 07.5 and up Duramax pickups do that we retune, buy another ECM, have it burned to your VIN thats stock and swap it out when or if anything ever happens. We have to do it with our trans ECM as well too.

apex32

5.slow
Established Member
looks nice... May be interested. What part of ny are you in?

Thanks... Upstate NY. Bump

I didn't put the boss motor in yet, however I do still have it sitting in my home. The actual compression was 6% low on #8 cylinder, which is within spec according to a Ford Tech I spoke to.

I actually pulled the car out on a nice day and have been driving it once in a while and it has been driving fine. It actually has been driving normal, but I haven't been beating on it either. I am not sure really what is wrong with it, or if anything catastrophic is actually wrong with it.

So the car is in driving condition and isn't really showing any adverse symptoms lately.. and I also have the boss motor sitting here. I just don't have the time to sort it out, so I would still like to sell.

Last edited:

HotRod360

Established Member
if by any chance you want to sell your 5.0 coyote block please let me know i dont care how bad the cylinders are but the rest of the block has to be good.

Dan

Users who are viewing this thread