2011 Grabber blue modded 5.0, low compression #8 cyl

lxcoupe5liter

Established Member
i agree, 6% doesn't sound bad.. maybe take it to a shop & have them check it out...love the color...,the stipes on the fender(dr) looks good

apex32

5.slow
Established Member
i agree, 6% doesn't sound bad.. maybe take it to a shop & have them check it out...love the color...,the stipes on the fender(dr) looks good

Thanks.. I am going to see about having it diagnosed and/or repaired possibly soon

bump

saleencobra

Established Member
i would attempt to have the motor replaced. try a few dealers. question the service managers prior. ur car is barely modded.

apex32

5.slow
Established Member
i would attempt to have the motor replaced. try a few dealers. question the service managers prior. ur car is barely modded.

Working on a bunch of options, just keeping them all open. Thanks for the advice though,

bump

mgmustang1

Established Member
Doesn't hurt to try it under warranty does it? what could they say, no? I did read somewhere about the #8 cylinder with the new 5.0's failing.

Last edited:

saleencobra

Established Member
I work at a Ford dealer, ive seen more modded stangs in here and 99% are warranty..included were some of Evolution Performance stangs.

agreed... gotta be somethin else goin on. good luck sellin tho. but really it should be fixed by a dealer and covered.

apex32

5.slow
Established Member
agreed... gotta be somethin else goin on. good luck sellin tho. but really it should be fixed by a dealer and covered.

What else do you thinks going on out of curiosity, saleencobra?

Well I would love to know how that is possible. It was not covered, which is why I am either selling it as is for a big loss or buying a built shortblock over the winter. The dealerships don't have the power to make the calls on these cars. If they try to fix it and then bill ford after, they wont get paid. They have to follow a very specific set of guidelines and ford basically runs the show. I took the car in, they said they didnt think anything was wrong with it.. did a compression test and had a 6% drop in 8th cylinder. Ford had them send the ecu info to them, and they took a few days and then told the dealership the motor wasnt to be covered. The dealer called and said it was completely out of their hands and they were sorry but I had to come get the car.

As for the other option of trying to go through the BBB... it states in their paperwork packet that modified cars don't qualify for mediation.. but I am going to take that shot anyways.

I just dont see how they can legally void the warranty in this instance. The car was completely stock, but showed it had been previously tuned in the ecu. They didn't take it apart at all and said "We do not know whats wrong with it at all" but said its not covered. So basically they didn't prove that any mods caused any failure, and none were on the car either.

So, with that said unless something swings in my favor which at this point is unlikely.. Ford won't cover an engine repair and the car is still for sale and feel free to PM me if youd like to discuss an offer.

If anyone has the silver bullet of information I need to magically get some warranty work done, I would love to hear it and am all ears.. but I think I've pretty much exhausted my options

Last edited:

StevenStarke

Fast/Reliable/Cheap pick2
Established Member
What else do you thinks going on out of curiosity, saleencobra?

Well I would love to know how that is possible. It was not covered, which is why I am either selling it as is for a big loss or buying a built shortblock over the winter. The dealerships don't have the power to make the calls on these cars. If they try to fix it and then bill ford after, they wont get paid. They have to follow a very specific set of guidelines and ford basically runs the show. I took the car in, they said they didnt think anything was wrong with it.. did a compression test and had a 6% drop in 8th cylinder. Ford had them send the ecu info to them, and they took a few days and then told the dealership the motor wasnt to be covered. The dealer called and said it was completely out of their hands and they were sorry but I had to come get the car.

As for the other option of trying to go through the BBB... it states in their paperwork packet that modified cars don't qualify for mediation.. but I am going to take that shot anyways.

I just dont see how they can legally void the warranty in this instance. The car was completely stock, but showed it had been previously tuned in the ecu. They didn't take it apart at all and said "We do not know whats wrong with it at all" but said its not covered. So basically they didn't prove that any mods caused any failure, and none were on the car either.

So, with that said unless something swings in my favor which at this point is unlikely.. Ford won't cover an engine repair and the car is still for sale and feel free to PM me if youd like to discuss an offer.

If anyone has the silver bullet of information I need to magically get some warranty work done, I would love to hear it and am all ears.. but I think I've pretty much exhausted my options

It's tough man, that magnuson-moss act is harder to enforce than people realize. Maybe trying contacting SEMA and see what connections they have with Ford. Ford has events and cars at Sema with tons of mods, maybe they can help you out.

scorcher2005

USMC
Established Member
Take the ECM out, put it in a microwave and put it back in the car then tell them try to read your ecm. Just say you don't know what happened but the car wont run. ;-)

04JUIC

ZY Vert
Established Member
Take the ECM out, put it in a microwave and put it back in the car then tell them try to read your ecm. Just say you don't know what happened but the car wont run. ;-)

^hahah agreed ! Ford cannot tell the car was re-flashed unless you didnt detune it when you took it in. Fords IDS program isnt that advanced to do such a thing lol. So either you left the tune in, or they just pwned you into saying it was :shrug:

MustangMikeKy

Whippled L
Established Member
hell, just pull the computer out, open it up, and cut the wires on the back side of the connector. . . no ford tech is going to take it apart. . .

problem solved

apex32

5.slow
Established Member
^hahah agreed ! Ford cannot tell the car was re-flashed unless you didnt detune it when you took it in. Fords IDS program isnt that advanced to do such a thing lol. So either you left the tune in, or they just pwned you into saying it was :shrug:

They can tell if it was tuned, but they cant pull the tune file up as it isnt stored is my understanding. The fact that you altered the ecu is enough for them to say they want to void it, I guess. It was not tuned or modified besides a cat back when it was brought in.

I filed a claim with the BBB to see what they think. There's no "pwning" anyone into saying anything, the car was brought there and they did their thing. Honestly, this threads getting rather derailed.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread