2011 Grabber blue modded 5.0, low compression #8 cyl

apex32

5.slow
Established Member
This is a huge feeler, as its an unusual circumstance. I have a 2011 5.0 which has low compression in the #8 cylinder. The car still runs and drives and there isnt even a CEL on yet, but I happened to pull a plug and it looked a tad fouled to me so I took it in and a compression test was done and proved 6% low compression in the #8 cylinder.

I don't really have the time to tackle this or have/want to spend the money right now. This is a second car so at this point my life would be easier if I just sold it and replaced it next year.

The car:
11,3xx Miles
2011 Mustang GT 5.0
Grabber Blue
6 Speed Manual with 3.73 Gear Option
Base Model, Black Interior

Modifications:
NEW Roush Trak Pak Coilovers just put on the car ~500 miles ago
Track Pack Wheels/tires
Magnaflow Street Cat Back Exhaust
Lethal Performance OR/X
SCT Tuner
JLT Carbon Fiber Intake
Steeda Tri-Ax Short Shifter
Barton Shifter Bracket
American Muscle White Ball Shiftknob
Bullit Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel
Upgraded Pioneer Speakers
Stangmods HID Kit
Tinted Windows
AM Black Vinyl Fender Hash Stripe (easily removable)

I have spent a lot of money on this car, and it is in great shape aside from the motor issue. Thankfully it has been caught very early so its not catastrophic.

Pictures of the car:
IMG_2925.jpg

IMG_2924.jpg

IMG_2813.jpg

IMG_2777-1.jpg

theferd.jpg

IMG_2895.jpg

PM Me if you are interested, as there will be a bit to talk about and we can attempt to work out a deal from there. I am not looking to dump this car for nothing so please don't bother offering any crazy lowball offers.

I love the car, it is my favorite car I have owned to date and is very fun and I am incredibly sad to make this post. Once you get the motor refreshed, it will be a great car again.

Thanks for looking,

Dan:(

Deposit taken, Car tentatively sold.

Last edited:

apex32

5.slow
Established Member
I'm looking for around 24,5 with everything on the car. Or 22k as close to stock as i can get it

If you're not interested or don't agree with the pricepoint please just move on, thanks guys.

I couldn't PM a few of you because of your low post count. So feel free to email me at apex32 @ gmail . com

Dan

Last edited:

mike.b

Established Member
Couldn't it just be fixed under warranty if you return it to stock? Or am I missing something?

id imagine they would throw a fit if they can tell it was flashed at some point. i dont know if they can tell if he brings it in stock.

one of my favorite colors on the new 5.0 GLWS

apex32

5.slow
Established Member
Couldn't it just be fixed under warranty if you return it to stock? Or am I missing something?

id imagine they would throw a fit if they can tell it was flashed at some point. i dont know if they can tell if he brings it in stock.

one of my favorite colors on the new 5.0 GLWS

What he said. The new PCM stores when you flash it, and they can tell that along with the # of keycycles. Look at the multiple fomoco TSB's.. they have really cracked down on it.

scott_0

Established Member
isnt 5-10% an acceptable figure? or it used to be atleast

SVT_SRT8

Established Member
Hvae you data logged and emailed to your tuner? Something could be wrong with the global spark in the #8 because of your tune. "adjustable by the tune. Also 6% doesn't seem like a big deal As a rule, most engines should have 140 to 160 lbs. of cranking compression with no more than 8-10% difference between any of the cylinders. Your plug was probably fouled because of your a/f is rich so I think a re-tune may help you. There are cheaper alternatives to test before selling your car.

From Yahoo Auto's

if compression is low in one or more cylinders, you can isolate the problem to the valves or rings by squirting a little 30 weight motor oil into the cylinder through the spark plug hole and repeating the compression test. The oil temporarily seals the rings. If the readings are higher the second time around, it means the rings and/or cylinder is worn. No change in the compression readings tells you the cylinder has a bad valve.

Your dealer could probably do this:

With electronic testing, a computer analyzer "estimates" compression in each of the engine's cylinders by measuring slight variations in engine cranking speed. The results correlate well with actual gauge readings and can be completed in a matter of minutes without having to remove any spark plugs. What's more, the analyzer prints out the results of the compression test making it easy to see and compare the actual numbers.

If you really must sell GLWS great looking car.

Users who are viewing this thread