2011 FRPP Shaker Hood Scoop - Edmonds Test

WP64

I Couldn't Care Less...
Established Member
2011_ford_mustang_eng_fd_325105_717.jpg

Looks like you have to take the shock tower brace off to fit the Shaker and I wonder if it's functional...

2011 Ford Mustang GT 5.0 Full Test and Video

This 2011 scoop looks interesting, again, functional?

2011_ford_mustang_f34_fd_325105_717.jpg

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
It sure looks functional, but the path to the engine looks really long. I'm sure the engine would draw air from both sources. Maybe at higher speeds, the ram air effect might come into play????

Boss maybe

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
The second scoop is not functional, and its not new. theirs a 2010 GT driving around campus that has the exact same scoop

There sure looks to be an air duct running from the back up to the normal air box? It even says "cold air" on it.

Unless the air is plummed up through the scoop instead??

Edit: Upon further review, that does not appear to even be the 5.0 engine, but the 4.6 instead. The primary intake pipe is oval (like the 4.6), instead of round like the 5.0.

Last edited:

WP64

I Couldn't Care Less...
Established Member
There sure looks to be an air duct running from the back up to the normal air box? It even says "cold air" on it.

Unless the air is plummed up through the scoop instead??

Edit: Upon further review, that does not appear to even be the 5.0 engine, but the 4.6 instead. The primary intake pipe is oval (like the 4.6), instead of round like the 5.0.

You could be right, the photo of the Shaker I posted above is from the Edmonds Test link with a "2011 Ford Mustang GT" description below it.

-
it looks really nice. So is it functional???

Yes, it is functional and plumbs air from the scoop to the factory airbox.

Users who are viewing this thread