2011 A6 shifting issues with bama tune

rushmma

1MNARMY
Established Member
Ive had about 5 tunes sent to me since friday, 4 friday and 1 saturday, and each tune seems to have its own bug. The only mod I did from the previous tunes was JLT carbon intake, so I call and order new set of tunes and theyve been haywire ever since. Rolling 50mph and stab it, it downshifts and just lays revlimiter until I let off.. from stop it shifts into second then lays rev limiter until I let off. Every single tune ive had hit rev limiter in 4th around 120mph, wont shift until I let off. The customer service over there at Bama is friendly and helpful, but I am lost on if I should stay or change companys. Pat and Ryan have been friendly and answer questions, but whats goin on? Any advice would be great

Posted via Topify on Android

OneSlowV

Established Member
Friend had trouble with her A6 through them. She had to get a dyno tune to get it fixed. You could try steedas tunes instead?

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Are you data logging these issues and sending them to bama?

rushmma

1MNARMY
Established Member
Yes correct gear ratio, and no I havent been data logging..basically theyve said ok well make some changes and have a new tune right out to you. I have always owned a generation of cars that were a little more simple lol so I havent fiddled with this tuner much or asked to data log anything and send it

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Yes correct gear ratio, and no I havent been data logging..basically theyve said ok well make some changes and have a new tune right out to you. I have always owned a generation of cars that were a little more simple lol so I havent fiddled with this tuner much or asked to data log anything and send it

It sounds like there just sending you updates without really know what the cause of the issue is. Call them monday and ask if they would like some data logs and what they want you to monitor to try and help them help you get your Issue fixed

momogt

Established Member
Try vmp or c&l performance for the a6 both work good for me both shift fine

9secWS6

Established Member
I had the exact same issues with BAMA tunes. Like you said they have great customer service but could never correct the shift issues. I ended up going with BBR and never looked back. Car shifts perfect now and runs much stronger as well.

momogt

Established Member
I have had about 9 tunes from bama and they never could get the downshift delay out . but when I switch to C&L first tune downshift issue gone plus felt a lot better then went with VMP same thing dead on first tune. but my next tune when I get my boss intake will be from C&L I think there torque tune with the 302 intake will be nice on the street.not trying to down bama but I think they still have some work to do on there automatic tunes

Users who are viewing this thread