2011 A/C Problems - Any A/C experts out there?

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
Had some free time to diagnose my A/C. Had the car for 3 years and it has never worked, but never really cared as it is a convertible. Put gauges on it and it is basically empty and obviously the clutch does not engage. Checked out the compressor - big question - Shouldn't the compressor spin fairly easily with the car off (I know the clutch isn't engaged because the pulley spins fine when running)? Just trying to figure out up front if the compressor may be locked up. Thinking they knew this and may have evacuated the system so the clutch never tries to engage. I did note this car already had the compressor swapped out once under warranty. Thoughts?

cobracide

Established Member
Depends on the Car/Compressor design really. Some turn easy, some don't. Maybe another a 11-14 owner can check and chime in. Generally in a low charged system, the compressor turns easy.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
The 11-14 AC systems are Huge pieces of crap, I've replaced the compressor hub 3 times, then it failed and snapped the belt, I have a replacement but Florida has been 100 degrees and I'm not working on it til winter..

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
The 11-14 AC systems are Huge pieces of crap, I've replaced the compressor hub 3 times, then it failed and snapped the belt, I have a replacement but Florida has been 100 degrees and I'm not working on it til winter..
I ended up selling mine. Lmao. So far so good with the 2014…

Users who are viewing this thread