2011 5.0 at my local dealership

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
great powertrain and performance from what Ive read, but I cant deal with the rear, brakes, and stance...just doesnt look right for some reason...

If I bought one I'd paint most of that big ass plastic thing on the rear-bumper. Don't mind the rest of the rear-end.

2010fordshelbygt500supe.jpg

I'd also paint the side skirts, and drop it....

WeeZee

Member of NMRA
Established Member
These cars are nice but way over priced and u gotta put to much into the car to make it nice. 20" wheels & tires $2000, Lowered springs, LCA, struts, shocks & caster camber plates $1500, CAI - tune and bassani x-pipe with Axleback exhaust $1500. Ur at 5g's already. It's sad when a mustang GT premium is $35k these days and its considered cheap. When did all these car companys loose focus of the american dream ? I thought Mustang GT/CamaroSS/Challenger RT were supposed to be meant for the average guy and affordable to the average guy. Now there out of reach for a large majority of people, it will be nice when these cars get 3-4 years old I guess

Lstruck03

Man Pedal User
Established Member
you can get a base coupe, no options for $30k even. not too bad for what you get.

9746Cobra

spinnin4Vs
Established Member
These cars are nice but way over priced and u gotta put to much into the car to make it nice. 20" wheels & tires $2000, Lowered springs, LCA, struts, shocks & caster camber plates $1500, CAI - tune and bassani x-pipe with Axleback exhaust $1500. Ur at 5g's already.

You don't need any of that to totally out class your Mach 1 in every way, you know.

You could also get a v-6 stang for $21K and then do your suspension mods plus gears and also totally out class your Mach 1 everywere but accelleration, which it will match while getting 5 mpg better on the interstate.

Just something to consider.

rexisme

Established Member
If its the red one at Rizza, I've emailed about it a few times... No response...

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
These cars are nice but way over priced and u gotta put to much into the car to make it nice. 20" wheels & tires $2000, Lowered springs, LCA, struts, shocks & caster camber plates $1500, CAI - tune and bassani x-pipe with Axleback exhaust $1500. Ur at 5g's already. It's sad when a mustang GT premium is $35k these days and its considered cheap. When did all these car companys loose focus of the american dream ? I thought Mustang GT/CamaroSS/Challenger RT were supposed to be meant for the average guy and affordable to the average guy. Now there out of reach for a large majority of people, it will be nice when these cars get 3-4 years old I guess

The Mustang GT is one of the cheapest cars to mod and it has the lowest base price out of any of the pony cars. $3,500 in suspension and wheels is not nessasary LOL.

Think about it this way, a fully loaded 4th gen WS6 was $31.5K back in 2002, it's 2010 now and a Mustang GT with 412hp, that handles/brakes better and is way more refined is only a couple grand more.

Users who are viewing this thread