2011-12 stock h pipe wanted

XP900

Established Member
I read your notes....don't limit the mid pipes (stock H pipe) to the 11/12 model. The 11-14 pipes will be the same sizing (bolts up) and I was told the cats on the 13-14 are better...how I don't know...maybe flow volume. I picked a set of 13 for my 2010 so that I could increase the pipe diameter to 2.75...same as what is on your 11. Ford doesn't sell one cat since both cats are built into their single mid pipe. You could replace the one cat for 200-300 but you would have to weld it back in. Cheaper just to find a stock mid pipe (H) with low miles. Keep looking and someone will want to get rid of a set near you.

VENEMOUS!

I had someone selling an h pipe near me for 200 bucks near me I just got to the deal a few hours too late, the 13-14 H pipe is 3" inches I have a 3" inch X pipe on mine with high flow cats that I really hate; it doesn't sound good in my opinion and the fumes I'm not willing to put up with them anymore since after 2k miles are failing. Also this is my second gt500 the first one is the one in my profile and it doesn't have have the power as the first one and I'm looking for the power loss somewhere I had changed multiple items on it, I believe with the bigger exaust it losses torque to a ridiculous level in my opinion but then my car has 110k and I doubt it has any engine power loss it still puts down 485 hp with 474 torque on a dynojet, I know a lot of gt500's put those numbers down fairly new I guess depending on altitude and conditions.

XP900

Established Member
I had someone selling an h pipe near me for 200 bucks near me I just got to the deal a few hours too late, the 13-14 H pipe is 3" inches I have a 3" inch X pipe on mine with high flow cats that I really hate; it doesn't sound good in my opinion and the fumes I'm not willing to put up with them anymore since after 2k miles are failing. Also this is my second gt500 the first one is the one in my profile and it doesn't have have the power as the first one and I'm looking for the power loss somewhere I had changed multiple items on it, I believe with the bigger exhaust it losses torque to a ridiculous level in my opinion but then my car has 110k and I doubt it has any engine power loss it still puts down 485 hp with 474 torque on a dynojet, I know a lot of gt500's put those numbers down fairly new I guess depending on altitude and conditions.

Don't know what your mods are but the 13 stock H pipes with the stock Cats that I bought (practically new from Alibi2) are 2.75 at the rear and all the way from the cats back. From the manifold to the cats is 2.25 which I think is the same on 2010 - 2014 and probably the previous years too. From the mid pipe you can use the stock pipes and mufflers for factory sound exhaust or others. I am trying to use factory mufflers with a Lethal Performance over the axle since it costs the same as factory when on sale. Don't know your mods so I can't compare to mine. I simply want to decrease my boost due to what seems to be exhaust restrictions on factory exhaust. I read 750 engine HP is the max for 2010 exhaust to handle and I am at that mark probably causing my boost to go up at the higher rpm over 5800.
If you go back to stock 2011-2012 or the 2013-2014 mid pipe and have no leaks I would think that alone would fix your smell or fumes. Noise would be determined mainly by what route you choose to go from mid pipe back. I have a 2010 with mods but your numbers are probably slightly higher than what I originally had on my stock at 200ft above sea level before any changes. My car has 43K - not abused or tracked so they are good miles.

VENEMOUS!

I was under the impression that 13-14 models had bigger exaust, well thats a first; engine is stock, thank you for the input!

Users who are viewing this thread