2010 Toyota Supra

hus

SPDJNKY
Established Member
I hadn't seen this yet but I'm sure it's posted here before.

Link to Article: http://consumerguideauto.howstuffworks.com/2010-toyota-supra1.htm

"Toyota says the concept has a total 400 net horsepower, good for 0-60 mph in around four seconds, but has yet to project fuel economy or emissions ratings, except to say that both would be really good."

"Look for the 2010 Toyota Supra by summer or fall of 2009--especially if a showroom-ready Supra "concept" appears at one of this winter's major auto shows."

2010-toyota-supra-1.jpg

2010-toyota-supra-6.jpg

2010-toyota-supra-8.jpg

Last edited:

blksvtCOBRA714

Established Member
i thought they dropped the idea awhile ago too. That design is way to futuristic for me. They need to go back to the older design or atleast something similar. That reminds me of a 350z and a cts put together.

My94GT

Established Member
they could prolly just re introduce the same one they stopped making and they would sell like hot cakes lol

hus

SPDJNKY
Established Member
I have no idea how old the atricle is...I was looking through Yahoo Pics for 2010 model cars coming out and this showed up. For all I know this article is a few years old, I just never saw or knew that Toyota had a concept for a new Supra.

However, the article does say it was unveiled at the 2007 Detroit Auto Show...

Last edited:

93_408_LX

Established Member
they could prolly just re introduce the same one they stopped making and they would sell like hot cakes lol
hahahah this is an awesome call. The funny part is you are right, but yet auto producers seem to think they have to make EVERYTHING look so futuristic now. I actually think that's a problem, it's like they aren't designing regular cars anymore. They should stop trying so hard.

Grizzly Adams

Resident Hippie
Established Member
That concept has been banging around in the rumor mill for years now. First it was the new supra, then it was going to be a Lexus, then have a V10, and it goes on and on. I really doubt it will ever materialize in that form.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Well, that just took the top of my list of silliest front ends. It looks like a Celica, and 370Z and a Solstice had a baby.

AnaheimE

I'm a Wizard!
Established Member
Supra is canned for now.
Hell toyota and subie are prolly canning thier small 4cyl rwd/awd car...

That's still going strong. Supposedly they're going to faze the tc out and then replace it with the new RWD car.

This white car was what the Lexus LF-A started out as. It was a V10 front engine car with the intentions of taking on the GT-R, vette, etc. The LF-A had success as a show car, and was raced in the last 25 hours of Nurburgring.

Last I saw and last I heard about the next Supra there was going to be a 450 hp V8 version that was similar to the MKIV (it looked nice, but I think it was an artists conception, not an official image). I haven't heard shit about it for a year or so now, and I doubt they will. They're still racing the MKIV chassis with a V8 in the Super GT series so there seems to be no replacement that I know of.

Honda did the same with the next NSX. There was a stretched and oddly proportioned S2K running around the 'Ring with a F1 derived V10 and Honda publicly stopped the program back in January. It sucks because they were like 4 years in development and just abruptly stopped.

The Carpolocypse has doomed many new sports cars and don't expect to see and new exciting sports car concepts until at least the economy/industry levels out for a while.

Think about it I haven't heard anything new about the next RX7. Last I read it was supposed to be shown at the 08 Tokyo auto show along side the GT-R and it was supposed to have an electric assist turbo (to reduce lag) and a rotary. I also haven't heard much of a new Silvia (240sx here). Last I heard on that it was going to have a supposed SR20VE (variable valve timing SR20DE) with a turbo. No idea what's going on with that, as that was a few years ago as well.

Users who are viewing this thread