2010 SHO writeup from an enthusiast who was at the launch

Huntervf

Established Member
Greetings all, long time lurker first time poster :)

For those interested, I did a write-up with pics on the new SHO from the 2010 Chicago Auto Show. I was one of the 27 enthusiasts on hand for the big launch, and I also helped Ford coordinate a couple pre-launch events in Dearborn, including the media preview at the proving grounds.

I'll say this about the new SHO, it's much bigger than the old car and that may throw some people off, but Ford did their homework on this twin-turbo V6. Whereas the old SHO was all about high-end power, this car takes care of business down low. Judging by some of the recent comments about the EcoBoost Lincoln hitting high 13s stock, the lighter and slightly more power SHO should dip even lower :coolman:

Here's my write up over at Examiner.com: Detroit Autos Examiner: SHOtime in Chi-town: Ford woos enthusiasts with 2010 Taurus SHO preview

Last edited:

typhoon5000

Established Member
Hey Chris. Nice article.

I'm also a fellow lurker and first time poster (I've been perusing the 99-04 cobras for sale ;-) just to see what's out there)

To answer the boost question, yes you can. I spoke with the EcoBoost turbo engineer at Honeywell and he said a few more pounds can be pulled out of them, but they are farely small and the factory boost level is already 12psi. He also said the motor could easily take 400+hp, but the tranny can't take 400+ ft-lbs of torque, being that it's a transverse mounted drivetrain.

meaty mac

IDK what I want now
Established Member
Greetings all, long time lurker first time poster :)

For those interested, I did a write-up with pics on the new SHO from the 2010 Chicago Auto Show. I was one of the 27 enthusiasts on hand for the big launch, and I also helped Ford coordinate a couple pre-launch events in Dearborn, including the media preview at the proving grounds.

I'll say this about the new SHO, it's much bigger than the old car and that may throw some people off, but Ford did their homework on this twin-turbo V6. Whereas the old SHO was all about high-end power, this car takes care of business down low. Judging by some of the recent comments about the EcoBoost Lincoln hitting high 13s stock, the lighter and slightly more power SHO should dip even lower :coolman:

Here's my write up over at Examiner.com: Detroit Autos Examiner: SHOtime in Chi-town: Ford woos enthusiasts with 2010 Taurus SHO preview

Welcome. thanks for sharing. :beer:

I may have to change the message under my username to future SHO guy lol

Users who are viewing this thread