2010 Mercury Milan A/C issue

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Posting to see if anyone has experienced this. Wife has a 2010 Mercury Milan 3.0V6 and it sounds like the A/C is going out. When turned on and the A/C clutch engages, it almost whines like if I have an Eaton blower with the holes sealed up. Attached a short video from this morning.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I have a 2008 Fusion SE 3.0 V6 my AC compressor is on its way out. When the clutch engages it makes a metallic rattle noise. I thought it was the clutch. My mechanic said it was the bearings in the compressor. Need to get mine replaced. The compressors are pricy imho. It hasn't died yet knock on wood but is annoying and not as cold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nxhappy

Established Member
if it's still blowing cold air I would run it until she dies. won't be a cheap fix.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
if it's still blowing cold air I would run it until she dies. won't be a cheap fix.

That's what I'm thinking it sounds annoying. It's cold not super cold like it used to be though.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
That's what I'm thinking it sounds annoying. It's cold not super cold like it used to be though.

Same here, not nearly as cold as it once was. I did do one of those DIY A/C recharge things Sunday and it seemed to help a little.

Honestly, we are looking to replace the car very soon anyway. I can swap a new pump on myself and my dad has all the tools to recharge the A/C (he used to own an automotive shop). The sound worries my wife because she's afraid it'll break down and I don't want her stranded with our 14 month old daughter. As of this week, we swapped rides to play it safe and I'm missing the power of my tuned MKS... Once we decide how soon we want to get a new car and if it's a couple months out, I'll just fix the car so it's the least of our worries.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Same here, not nearly as cold as it once was. I did do one of those DIY A/C recharge things Sunday and it seemed to help a little.

Honestly, we are looking to replace the car very soon anyway. I can swap a new pump on myself and my dad has all the tools to recharge the A/C (he used to own an automotive shop). The sound worries my wife because she's afraid it'll break down and I don't want her stranded with our 14 month old daughter. As of this week, we swapped rides to play it safe and I'm missing the power of my tuned MKS... Once we decide how soon we want to get a new car and if it's a couple months out, I'll just fix the car so it's the least of our worries.

I hear ya. I almost think I should do mine anyway. Car is paid for it's been reliable knock on wood. The sound annoys the shit out of me. I really don't know if it would lock up and strand me. I have AAA but would hate to get stranded.

Users who are viewing this thread