2010 GT500 LED Fog light question

vipboy28

Established Member
Hello all,

It's been a while since I've posted. Excuse my ignorance about my LED knowledge.

I want to replace my stock fog lights with LEDs to match my headlights.

A. Is there a matching color bulb I can use for both?
B. Do I need to do any kind of splicing or electrical wire management to install the FOG lights.

Unrelated, but I'm looking for something simple. I am about to order the raxiom led license plate lights as mine just went out last week from AM.com

Willie

Established Member
I have the Morimotos on two of my vehicles, including the GT500. They are 5,500k. Don't know about your 2010, but my 2008 headlight bulbs are 4,300k D3R bulbs. I went with 6,000k D3R's, about as close as I could get.

Hey LT48, did you notice my headlights that night, or was I going too fast for you?

merkyworks

Established Member
Unsure about Question A, but for Question B: Morimoto XB LED Foglights. Plug and play. Great write up by member @austin101385 here:

http://www.svtperformance.com/threads/morimoto-projector-fog-lights-installed.1087394/

Ford (4"): XB LED - Fog Lights from Morimoto HID

+1 on this

I have them on my car and they match the HID headlight color almost exactly. Daily drive my car rain or shine and been using them as day time running lights for probably 2 years now without any issue. Great product!

RBB

Established Member

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
I have the Morimoto XB Led Foglights on my Cobra with Morimoto HID headlights. Both are 5500k and match pretty good.

20180807_225213.jpg
20180807_225159_HDR.jpg

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
Unsure about Question A, but for Question B: Morimoto XB LED Foglights. Plug and play. Great write up by member @austin101385 here:

http://www.svtperformance.com/threads/morimoto-projector-fog-lights-installed.1087394/

Ford (4"): XB LED - Fog Lights from Morimoto HID
I know you're a pretty resourceful guy, so I'd like to know if it's really necessary to remove the bumper cover, or can this be done with just dropping the splitter. I'm having a hard time believing that it's necessary.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
In my experience, you could lift the front wheels off the ground and remove them. Then, unclip and remove the forward portion of the inner fender liner and you'll have all the access you need.

Conceivably, you could attempt to unclip and move the liner out of the way with the front wheels on. For the sake of easy, getting the wheels out of there would make more sense.

Willie

Established Member
I think it depends on the year, different styles of cover / splitter. On my 2008, nothing was removed and it took me about 30 minutes for both sides.

Willie

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
I have the Morimotos on two of my vehicles, including the GT500. They are 5,500k. Don't know about your 2010, but my 2008 headlight bulbs are 4,300k D3R bulbs. I went with 6,000k D3R's, about as close as I could get.

Hey LT48, did you notice my headlights that night, or was I going too fast for you?
Lit up the road, peripheral lighting and overall lighting was really cool! Ive said it before and Ill say it again: Willies car is absolutely one of the coolest, well built and detailed car Ive ever seen.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
I think it depends on the year, different styles of cover / splitter. On my 2008, nothing was removed and it took me about 30 minutes for both sides.

Willie
The splitter on my 2012 seals off any access to the cavity in front of the radiator support, and while removing the cover might give a little more access, there's nothing I see in that thread that would require it's removal to install these fog lights. Having recently installed smoked side markers, I think these fog lights would blend well on my white car.

Willie

Established Member
I've had mine almost three years... an x-mas gift from my wife. They are pricy, she paid $200. Then about a week before x-mas, they went on sale for 20 percent off ($160). They did this again last year, when I purchased a second set for my Tacoma. Just an FYI.... patience has its virtues!

Willie

Willie

Established Member
Ive said it before and Ill say it again: Willies car is absolutely one of the coolest, well built and detailed car Ive ever seen.

Thanks Ed, but I did not know you said this before? Or did I just forget, which is common unfortunately...?

Willie

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
I just ordered them from LED Concepts for $189 with free shipping. I see they have a set for my 2015 F-150 too. I'll see how these go first. I think the LED beams on my F-150 are brighter than anything I've had before now, but the OEM fogs were halogen. I have upgraded the bulbs to LEDs which helped a good bit.

And you would know I just reinstalled the splitter last weekend too.

Last edited:

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
How’s the glare on those HIDs? Any tweaks to fit the Cobra fascia?

Glare?

If you're talking the foglights, the throw, cutoff and brightness are great. They have a nice little adjustment knob that's fairly easy to access.

For installation you have to remove the halogen assembly from the plastic oem lens and then silicone the led housing in its place. Fits perfect and with the black Permatex silicone will never move.

You can buy the whole plug and play assembly from people online but it's like $350.

RBB

Established Member
The splitter on my 2012 seals off any access to the cavity in front of the radiator support, and while removing the cover might give a little more access, there's nothing I see in that thread that would require it's removal to install these fog lights. Having recently installed smoked side markers, I think these fog lights would blend well on my white car.
I took my bumper off since I was swapping out to the 13/14 grilles at the same time, but I don't think its absolutely necessary. You could get it done by just dropping the splitter.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Glare?

If you're talking the foglights, the throw, cutoff and brightness are great. They have a nice little adjustment knob that's fairly easy to access.

For installation you have to remove the halogen assembly from the plastic oem lens and then silicone the led housing in its place. Fits perfect and with the black Permatex silicone will never move.

You can buy the whole plug and play assembly from people online but it's like $350.

I meant the HID headlights you had mentioned.

Users who are viewing this thread