2010 Fusion SE 6F35 leak

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
20130128224601.jpg

Been putting this off for a while now, but the oil drips on the driveway are starting to get bigger each time it sits so figured id finally tackle where it was coming from.

Once I removed the belly pan I see the above.

Looks like the bell housing to transmission case seal is leaking.

Anyone know of a good resource for 6F35 rebuild kits and guides? Havent had much luck with my google-fu in this subject, aside from finding out this tranny is some joint venture between GM and Ford, which makes me sad panda and not surprised it started leaking around 80k (95k now).

Last edited:

BDF8

UF Alum. GO GATORS
Established Member
80k on a 2010. Very impressive. I like when people drive the shit out of their cars.

wht93gted

Established Member
my wifes 2011 Fusion has shifted like a pos since brand new. A month or two back, it got 'stuck' at around 3k rpm in maybe 2nd gear. It wouldnt go over 20mph.

luckily my wife wasn't pulling onto a major highway or anything. Of course the dealer "couldnt reproduce" the issue and didnt do anything. It happened again, another 2 times, but they never experienced it or did anything to fix it.

Who knows. Anyway...just expressing my dissatisfaction of the transmission too.

It's hard to tell being covered in dirt, but is that even trans fluid?

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
normal seepage on those, especially at almost 100k. rebuild isnt needed just a r&r and reseal but i guess if you have it out it would be good to go through and replace anything worn. check out performance automatics, they may have a good rebuild kit to get rid of the OD lag that they are known for.

i dont know if i still have the parts breakdown/rebuild manual for it, ill check and get back to you. i have quite a few boxes from when i worked with all kinds of WSM's/HVTM's/trans manuals.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
If it had the the Coyote 5.0 engine in it you wouldn't have these issues.

Yeah but only if mated to a t56....mt82 I might as well keep this leaky 6F35....

my wifes 2011 Fusion has shifted like a pos since brand new. A month or two back, it got 'stuck' at around 3k rpm in maybe 2nd gear. It wouldnt go over 20mph.

luckily my wife wasn't pulling onto a major highway or anything. Of course the dealer "couldnt reproduce" the issue and didnt do anything. It happened again, another 2 times, but they never experienced it or did anything to fix it.

Who knows. Anyway...just expressing my dissatisfaction of the transmission too.

It's hard to tell being covered in dirt, but is that even trans fluid?

Unless the main bearing seal is leaking into the bell housing. There was one fresh drip but hard to really tell though it did have a slightly reddish tint. Was mostly brown though.

Otherwise though this tranny shifts great. Its honestly the best auto trans ive driven, it knows what gear to be in and shifts firm and crisp into the next gear and doesnt slip or hang.

normal seepage on those, especially at almost 100k. rebuild isnt needed just a r&r and reseal but i guess if you have it out it would be good to go through and replace anything worn. check out performance automatics, they may have a good rebuild kit to get rid of the OD lag that they are known for.

i dont know if i still have the parts breakdown/rebuild manual for it, ill check and get back to you. i have quite a few boxes from when i worked with all kinds of WSM's/HVTM's/trans manuals.

Good info, yeah lemme know. If all that is needed to reseal is to pull it and reinstall once resealed id be ecstatic.

Users who are viewing this thread