2009 GT500 rear gear interchangeable with a '14 GT with Torsen diff?

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
Hi guys - I'm hoping you can help me with a question.

I have a '14 GT Track Pack with the Torsen rear differential and stock 3.73 gears. The 3.73's are fine for now on the street, but down the road it is likely I will put a supercharger on the 5.0 and at that time the 3.73's will be way too steep.

So I came across a nice deal locally on a 3.31 ring and pinion removed from a 2009 GT500 at the 1200 mile mark.

I know both rears are 8.8's...but will the 3.31 ring and pinion from the 2009 Shelby work in my 2014 Torsen diff? Is there anything else I should be concerned about?

Thanks for the help!

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Same diff size and part numbers. Should be a straight swap. They will still need to be properly shimmed and set up but same parts.

If your planning on drag racing your car with a blower, just know that Torsens are not as robust as the standard clutch type limited slip. Its the instant shock of dig launches that eventually grenade them with boost. If its a street machine with occasional track use or road course demon youre fine with the torsen.

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
Thanks for the help lexus. That's what I was hoping you'd say. I have heard the same about the Torsen diff. My car will always be way more street than track. Thanks again!!

Users who are viewing this thread