2009 F350 V10 First impressions

rich5150

Network Guy
Established Member
I've posted up some information on my new F350 with a V10 over on CoalRollers.com
Anyone with a SVTP username/password can login to that site and check it out!

CLICK BELOW:
First Impressions 2009 F350 V10 Lariat - CoalRollers.com

DSC03594.JPG

MATT SS

You make a VERY compelling argument and have definatly done your homework. However I still believe in the LONG LONG haul of the life of the the truck the diesel would be a better choice. THANK YOU FOR BUYING AMERICAN!!!!!!!

MATT SS

Why would a diesel be a better choice?

LONG term durability and higher resale value in the long run. DIESELS are ment to work HARDER and longer than Gasoline engines. Thats why my next truck WILL be a POWERSTROKE!! :rockon: if you done believe me look up on youtube POWERSTROKEHELP Watch his videos, he made me a believer:beer:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
LONG term durability and higher resale value in the long run. DIESELS are ment to work HARDER and longer than Gasoline engines. Thats why my next truck WILL be a POWERSTROKE!! :rockon: if you done believe me look up on youtube POWERSTROKEHELP Watch his videos, he made me a believer:beer:

I'll give you higher resale value, but mostly due to higher initial cost. I doubt the reliability argument can be made for any of the new emissions diesels, especially when it comes time to start replacing DPFs.

I have watched his vids, they are very informative.

MATT SS

I'll give you higher resale value, but mostly due to higher initial cost. I doubt the reliability argument can be made for any of the new emissions diesels, especially when it comes time to start replacing DPFs.

I have watched his vids, they are very informative.

We will have to see about the new diesel reliability, not enough time has passed yet, however look at all the 7.3 powerstroke and late model 6.0's that are bulletproof!

matted2thefloor

Established Member
Nice truck, man! I have thought real hard about a V-10 for my next "big" truck. Will most likely be an older version though! What's the HP/TQ rating on the '09s now? Used to be like 360ish/450ish, no?

Were they eager to "negotiate" the price?

G/L with it!

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
We will have to see about the new diesel reliability, not enough time has passed yet, however look at all the 7.3 powerstroke and late model 6.0's that are bulletproof!

Just think how much fun a 32v CR 7.3 would be.:beer:

Nice truck, man! I have thought real hard about a V-10 for my next "big" truck. Will most likely be an older version though! What's the HP/TQ rating on the '09s now? Used to be like 360ish/450ish, no?

Were they eager to "negotiate" the price?

G/L with it!

The dealer that had it had just got it in stock.

stangnutlx

Dreamin about Boobies
Established Member
I work for international, rumor has it Ford is developing there own little diesel and dumping international due to the VT365 and the 6.4L not bieng very reliable. Keep you posted when i hear more.

stangnutlx

Dreamin about Boobies
Established Member
Funny how the people who work for the company are the last to hear this shit.. lol

Ben99GT

Just a stock GT
Established Member
LONG term durability and higher resale value in the long run. DIESELS are ment to work HARDER and longer than Gasoline engines. Thats why my next truck WILL be a POWERSTROKE!! :rockon:

Correction, diesels used to be meant to work harder and longer. But with the 2008 and 2010 emissions compliant diesels, I don't think that case can be made any longer. I don't think Navistar (in particular) has made a light duty diesel worth a damn since the 7.3.

The 6.0 and 6.4 failure rate is astronomical compared to the 3V V10. The 3V V10 doesn't even give up fuel economy to the 6.4.

So I'm really trying to figure out why the 6.4 is worth $8,000 more than the V10 other than for resale value which you are paying for up front anyway. :shrug:

MATT SS

Correction, diesels used to be meant to work harder and longer. But with the 2008 and 2010 emissions compliant diesels, I don't think that case can be made any longer. I don't think Navistar (in particular) has made a light duty diesel worth a damn since the 7.3.

The 6.0 and 6.4 failure rate is astronomical compared to the 3V V10. The 3V V10 doesn't even give up fuel economy to the 6.4.

So I'm really trying to figure out why the 6.4 is worth $8,000 more than the V10 other than for resale value which you are paying for up front anyway. :shrug:

The bottom line, DIESELS have a good rep for being more relaible. The late model 6.0's(2005-2007) have had the lowest warranty claims of any diesel FORD(international) has ever produced. We do not know how the 6.4 will hold up in the long run yet. Its too early to tell. The gassers cannot hold up to working hard day after day. They are not built as strong as diesel. ;-)

Ben99GT

Just a stock GT
Established Member
The bottom line, DIESELS have a good rep for being more relaible. The late model 6.0's(2005-2007) have had the lowest warranty claims of any diesel FORD(international) has ever produced. We do not know how the 6.4 will hold up in the long run yet. Its too early to tell. The gassers cannot hold up to working hard day after day. They are not built as strong as diesel. ;-)

The 6.0 has had FAR AND AWAY the HIGHEST warranty claims of any Ford diesel produced! Are you kidding?!

Ford was claiming $600 million in 6.0L related warranty costs last I heard, those outrageous warranty claims are precisely why Ford is developing their new diesel in-house.

The 6.8 will hold up to hard work all day long just fine, the extra mains helps tremendously. As far as parts strength, the gasser don't need to be built "as strong" as a diesel. The Gassers aren't dealing with upwards of 17:1 CR and 25 lbs. of boost so parts do need to be as strong, that doesn't mean the engine itself won't stand up to anything you throw at it.

6.0/6.4 warranty rates are many, many, many, many times as high as the V10.

MATT SS

The 6.0 has had FAR AND AWAY the HIGHEST warranty claims of any Ford diesel produced! Are you kidding?!

Ford was claiming $600 million in 6.0L related warranty costs last I heard, those outrageous warranty claims are precisely why Ford is developing their new diesel in-house.

The 6.8 will hold up to hard work all day long just fine, the extra mains helps tremendously. As far as parts strength, the gasser don't need to be built "as strong" as a diesel. The Gassers aren't dealing with upwards of 17:1 CR and 25 lbs. of boost so parts do need to be as strong, that doesn't mean the engine itself won't stand up to anything you throw at it.

6.0/6.4 warranty rates are many, many, many, many times as high as the V10.

Thats why I said later model 6.0's(2005-2007) The 03-04 Had the most warranty claims.

I believe ford is developing there own diesel because it probably cheeper than paying NAVISTAR, to develop an engine to be 2010 emissions capable.

The GASSER will burn more fuel than a diesel because it has to work harder. When it workers harder, that abuse will shorten its lifespan.

I have seen first hand diesel's out work there gasoline counter parts, which led to my current purchase of a Powerstroke.;-)

Users who are viewing this thread