2008 GT500 Bone Stock Baseline Dyno

ElCoyote

Lord SVT Contributor
Established Member
Installed A Few Suspension Mods & Did A Baseline Dyno Run Before I’ll Be Installing A Whipple 2.9 Kit In A Few Weeks.

Weighed In At 3,880lbs With a Half Tank Of Fuel.

See Video For Description/Specifics.

CD07GT500

Klaus's Bitch
Established Member
Mine made almost the same exact power with a cheap K&N.
3880 with 1/2 so I assume shaker 500 car?

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
620-650rwhp I expect and what I’ll be happy with. Mainly a road-course car.

Installing an LFP Dual Fan Heat Exchanger This Weekend To Go With It.

Did you end up finding a complete ford racing whipple kit?

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Yo, any reason not to go with the TVS from the 5.8 trinity? I thought that was the cheapest swap for all GT500s, pre 2013.

Commie Cali Carb laws, as crazy as it sounds the 13/14 OEM TVS doesn’t have a carb sticker for use as an aftermarket blower on older 500s. He’d probably get a way with it, however that’s a big risk in the land of fruits and nuts....

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Commie Cali Carb laws, as crazy as it sounds the 13/14 OEM TVS doesn’t have a carb sticker for use as an aftermarket blower on older 500s. He’d probably get a way with it, however that’s a big risk in the land of fruits and nuts....
This is correct. You never know what a smog guy will let fly and what they wont. If there shop has ever been hit with not performing a full visual then chances they will turn you away if something doesn't look stock to them

ElCoyote

Lord SVT Contributor
Established Member
Yo, any reason not to go with the TVS from the 5.8 trinity? I thought that was the cheapest swap for all GT500s, pre 2013.

I wanted an effortless CARB approved solution for this thing.

16lbs on a Gen3 Whipple 2.9 will meet the CARB requirement (on Whipples tune) and still bet me upwards of 650rwhp.

That’s the only reason.

ElCoyote

Lord SVT Contributor
Established Member
Did you end up finding a complete ford racing whipple kit?

Yea, went through Beef Cake Racing and bought the full CARB Approved Whipple 2.9 Kit.

THIS +1.

Users who are viewing this thread