2008 Ford Super Duty

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
08SD.gif

Although the gasoline engine options aren't expected to change much, diesel fans will be glad to know there's an all-new Powerstroke in the works. Built by International, the new diesel V8 will displace 6.4 liters, feature a pair of sequential turbos and generate 350 horsepower and 650 pound-feet of torque.

It states that they will start production in January of 2007.

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
I'll buy one although I'd rather have the rumored F-450.

The bigger the truck; the more you can tow with it.

I also hope they make the Sport Package. I just prefer the body-colored front end to the chrome.

My '04 F-350 XLT Sport:

F350c.jpg

Please make mine a 4X4 F-450 in red with the Sport option.

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
1995COBRA-R said:
I'll buy one although I'd rather have the rumored F-450.

The bigger the truck; the more you can tow with it.

I also hope they make the Sport Package. I just prefer the body-colored front end to the chrome.

My '04 F-350 XLT Sport:

F350c.jpg

Please make mine a 4X4 F-450 in red with the Sport option.

Very nice truck. I always liked the body colored front end also. If I could have a truck it would be a 650 with a dually truck bed on it and a 3" lift with big a$$ tires :pepper: . Always thought that would be cool. Kind of like the one in the old Toby Keith video.

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
1995COBRA-R said:
08SD.gif

It states that they will start production in January of 2007.

I like it. The sequential turboes mean that the small one will spool fast while the big one will then take over and put out big boost, though I think I'd rather have a VATN turbo.

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
T-Bolt said:
I like it. The sequential turboes mean that the small one will spool fast while the big one will then take over and put out big boost, though I think I'd rather have a VATN turbo.
They aren't running twin chargers for power, they are running them for emissions. If you read about the technology that is being used on this motor and the "accert" series cat motors you won't be impressed. They use tons of boost (60+) where 17-20 used to do the job. The new motors are extrememly lean, in a sense. Tons of air with little fuel for emissions.

Users who are viewing this thread