2008 Bullitt MPG 240 Mile Trip

GT500R

Established Member
So I took the 2008 Bullitt from New Jersey to Rhode Island - about 240 miles. Overall a trip that takes about 3.5 - 4 hours depending on how fast you want to drive. I like to save gas and squeeze every MPG I can out of my cars to see how well they really do. So here are the results

2008 Ford Mustang Bullitt
92 Octane Gas
No Modifications At All. Stock.

Ave MPG : 28.7
Gallons Used : 8.2
Ave MPH : 64

The was I obtained these numbers was about 93ish % of the tip was on cruise control. If the speed limit was 50, I would set it around 52/53, if the speed limit was 65, I would set it around 67 or so. Windows closed / no A/C. There was a couple times I ran through the gears from tolls. But overall, I am over 100% satisfied with the mpg when using THE CRUISE CONTROL. This is about the 3rd trip I have done and have gotten almost exact mpg so overall . . . . .

NICE JOB FORD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rockon:

edit : WRONG FORUM, SORRY !

soo uhh, heres a video of me racing a 240 whp volvo ! lol

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ni9FM-l0m0&fmt=18"]YouTube - Bullitt vs Volvo 850[/ame]

Last edited:

TCSoff

I'm watching
Established Member
:beer: Awsome bro. The best I've gotten out of my car, see sig for mods, is about 26+ driving to Bakersfield from LA (there is a section that has quite a few up/down hills. I can also say I'm satisfied by the MPG from my V8 from ford.

Bmeagher

Seriously Northern
Established Member
There's a balance between power and fuel economy. Best the Mach puts down is 28mpg, doing 70mph on the highway. City wise, maybe 15mpg

srl135

Wreck 'em Tech!
Established Member
awesome mileage.. im jealous. The cobra USED to get good mileage. After the whipple though... with cruise control and an avg of 70mph i got 21.9. In town however, i am always surprised just how bad it gets with the 60#ers. Took it out for lunch on Sunday... went through a half tank of gas.

therobman

Established Member
nice numbers i got a hair over 28 on my last trip with my 2000 fbody m6 full boltons and a cam doing 70-75 windows open

Users who are viewing this thread