2007 GT500 - Replacement Hood Vents?

PM-Performance

Established Member
Oh man I didn’t wanna hear that. Haha if I find some I’ll let you know.

I hate to break your heart, but you won't. lol
I've even called places that made them in the past to see if they had dead stock or would be able to pop another set out for me for a premium and no dice.
Your only bet is finding someone that want to sell a set they are sitting on, but like I said, I have not seen a set in the year I have been looking

PM-Performance

Established Member
We need someone who is tech savvy to do a 3D print version of these things. It can't be that bad for people who do that type of thing for a living.

I kindly even suggested JLT make them and how sooo many people want them.
He wanted nothing to do with that. Lol

PM-Performance

Established Member
Seems like they have given up on a lot of the plastic stuff they used to sell.

its not that. It’s that he said it’s not in their wheelhouse. I think they are focusing on the money makers like catch cans and Intakes.
Figured it was worth a shot since they dabbled in a bunch of other stuff

KaspFivehundo

Established Member
I went through the same thing and gave up and just removed em and painted them satin black. If they were available I'd be interested in a set like the true forged ones.

PM-Performance

Established Member
To bad couldn't find someone with schematics we could buy and just have a local machine shop knock 1 or 2 out
Could just measure yours up, or give yours to a fabricator and say have fun.
I know a few fabricators, but not sure they would want to do this.

tbone7467

Established Member
that is an idea... I'm going to look for a cheap set on ebay so they can use as a demo.

PM-Performance

Established Member
that is an idea... I'm going to look for a cheap set on ebay so they can use as a demo.

I talked to some buddies that work with CNC machines and Solidworks and such at work. They said it would be harder than I think it is.
I was gonna pay them to make a few sets for the community

PM-Performance

Established Member
I wonder if someone can 3D print some in plastic?

I asked a friend that as well, but we are back to one of the same issues with the plastic discoloring in the sun. Still gotta model it though.
All I want is something that is more open than we have now to let more heat out.
Our engine bays do not breathe at all!
So either the mesh, or like a CNC cut version like the Terminators had would be ideal.

850SNCobra

Established Member
I am seriously thinking about trying to get something designed and 3D printed and maybe get them coated/painted or I may just get the original vents painted/coated in something that won't fade.

I like the idea of something a little more open, I will be sure to give an update if and when I'm able to get something designed. Don't expect anything too soon lol

fullboogie

Established Member
I asked a friend that as well, but we are back to one of the same issues with the plastic discoloring in the sun. Still gotta model it though.
All I want is something that is more open than we have now to let more heat out.
Our engine bays do not breathe at all!
So either the mesh, or like a CNC cut version like the Terminators had would be ideal.

I hear you man. I think with the extremely limited market for this kind of item, it'll be hard to get anyone to invest in making X number of sets not knowing if they will sell.

Users who are viewing this thread