2007 GT500 - Replacement Hood Vents?

PrestonJ

Established Member
My stock hood vents have gotten a bit faded and I'd like to replace them. Preferably I'd like to go with something metal.

These look perfect but I cannot seem to find them for sale anywhere: http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/65924-true-forged-hood-vents-installed/ Does anyone know where I can find these or something similar?

If not I noticed Shelby carries these: http://www.shelbystore.com/product-p/7S3Z-16C630-B-fslash-C.htm but they have some questionable reviews.

Then there's always the possibility of just repainting my existing ones... has anyone tried that?

Thanks for any info.

SHLBYLVR

Established Member
Steve from True Forged sells the billet hood vents. Just pm him and he can ask all your questions. He is a forum vendor. Just go to the Vendors page and find him.

You can get your stock ones hydro dipped.

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I went with mesh True Forged and could not be happier. Significantly better made than the Shelby ones.

Last edited:

Federico Garza

Established Member
True Forged all the way, love mine , its exactly what the stock hoods to make it stand out.

Forget about plastic parts that fade and get brittle with time.

PrestonJ

Established Member
Well Steve wasn't able to get back with me so I finally bit the bullet and picked up a pair of the 40th anniversary vents from Shelby. I have to say I'm very happy with them. I took the "noise dampening" blanket off the bottom of the hood during the install and I was going to put it back on but saw several people on various forums that recommended just leaving it off. I was wondering what you guys' opinion on that was... should I put it back or not? Is noise dampening it's only function?

11269477_10153364210037774_1689652658679332951_o.jpg
New 40th anniversary vents installed.

11013244_10153364210062774_5746973797098311952_o.jpg
New vents next to the old ones I replaced. Notice how the old ones were washed out.

brian98svtsnake

Established Member
Too bad you couldn't catch them on a good sale, I got mine really cheap like a year or so ago. Anyway they look good, only issue is water gets in your engine bay when washing or in the rain. I'm thinking of having my screen painted black to go with the scheme of my car.

PrestonJ

Established Member
Too bad you couldn't catch them on a good sale, I got mine really cheap like a year or so ago. Anyway they look good, only issue is water gets in your engine bay when washing or in the rain. I'm thinking of having my screen painted black to go with the scheme of my car.

Yeah I thought about water too but then again the stock vents let water through as well. I don't think it's a major issue. Painting them black is an interesting idea.

Slug Fest

not amused
Established Member
Well Steve wasn't able to get back with me so I finally bit the bullet and picked up a pair of the 40th anniversary vents from Shelby. I have to say I'm very happy with them. I took the "noise dampening" blanket off the bottom of the hood during the install and I was going to put it back on but saw several people on various forums that recommended just leaving it off. I was wondering what you guys' opinion on that was... should I put it back or not? Is noise dampening it's only function?

View attachment 42161
New 40th anniversary vents installed.

View attachment 42162
New vents next to the old ones I replaced. Notice how the old ones were washed out.

I just received these vents today from Shelby. Looking at them I assume taking the hood blanket off is the only way of getting to the tabs correct?

sweetlou1182

Established Member
I put the shelby vents on my hood this summer and i did take the blanket off. Not sure if there is another way but the blanket comes off in a minute or 2

TexasSpeed

Established Member
Do these just pop in with the factory style retainers, exactly like the stockers you replaced? Curious how the plastic frame has held up for those of you that have had these for a while?

I'm debating these of the True Forged models but, hate to spend twice as much but, know the TF models are 100% custom and quality items.

Todd

limitedex

Love me some SVT
Established Member
I'm impressed with my 40th Shelby Store vents. $200 bucks or not. Made me happy.

tvspower

Established Member
I have the Shelby Vents for 3 yrs now.. Looks great with my Vapour colour.. They were on sale for $99 when I got them.

Users who are viewing this thread