2007 GT500 HID conversion harness? Where to find?

valgorite

Established Member
Hey guys,

Anyone got a lead on a wiring harness for a HID conversion for 2007 shelby?

Research has brought me to believe I need 8R3Z-14290-HA but everywhere I look comes up 'discontinued'

Any suggestions for sourcing this?

valgorite

Established Member
Hmm...LMR, American Muscle, and CJPonyparts all don't have anything to help with this. They suggested a performance shop that specializes in wiring to get one made. Ugh =\

I'll try Diode Dynamics

4rd Toys

Polishing my SVTs....
Established Member
The Retrofit Source | 2008 Ford Mustang with Halogen Capsule Headlights; Shelby GT500

The Retrofit Source:
Here's the site with options for both HID & LED in the OE headlamp housing. Appears H13/9008 is the size for the halogen headlamp housing for the 2007/08 GT500.
They are out of Georgia though...

And here's the "Morimoto" version HID:
9008/H13: Morimoto Elite HID System | The Retrofit Source BL11

I've gone with "The-Retrofit-Source" Morimoto brand HID kits in three of my rides plus one in my buddies.
Complete plug-n-play kits... Only had to re-aim the headlamp housing down abit since these are much brighter than the halogen bulb.

Typically I've held out for their holiday sales promo to get a discount.

Had a couple of issues & they were prompt with replacing parts under warranty.

.....................................................................................................................

The part number, you posted, is for an individual component for the overall OE HID system. BUT you will need the part number for the OEM/German Ballast then the part # for the HID headlamp housing [different from halogen] and finally the OE HID-bulb [probably D2S size].

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Steeda and Saleen had retrofit kits with harness for HID lights year ago, not sure who made their harnesses.

I got mine years ago from a Team Shelby forum member for my 07. Not sure if those PMs are gone with the forum migration.

kazman

King of Kazmania
Established Member
Premium Member
I got mine through my local Ford Dealer. Go to your local Ford dealer and have him do a search throughout the system, may be one at some obscure dealership. Also, use this part # 8R3Z-14290-HAA

81F3A6CE-11DA-4B64-971D-E7B4AFAC97E4.jpeg

valgorite

Established Member
I got mine through my local Ford Dealer. Go to your local Ford dealer and have him do a search throughout the system, may be one at some obscure dealership. Also, use this part # 8R3Z-14290-HAA

This helped! Was able to find this part # online and order it. Crossing fingers it'll actually ship and that the availability to purchase wasn't incorrect.

Thank you

*** Edit on this - so the ordered part came back a few days later as unavailable/discontined. My search continues.....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread