2007 GT/CS I can't drive

Rainman15

Petey RIP 04/29/05
Established Member
I've been a member here for a couple decades and I have owned mustangs for about 30 years. The S-197 is my favorite design so the last 13 cars I've had were 05-08's. Oddly I still haven't had an 09 but I do really like a glass roof coupe. Anyway, recently I flew up to the great lakes to see a really low mileage manual California Special convertible. It was advertised online briefly by someone who clearly had no experience running ads. The pictures were extremely poor quality so my hopes for the condition of the car were mixed. All I really knew was it was a 1 owner with 6k original miles and the owner was female.

The 78 year old original owner and her 51 year old son picked me up at the airport. The story behind the car was very interesting. They ordered two new CS's when Ford announced the package to come back in 07. Her husband had owned a 68 CS back in her younger days. The son spec'd out a black coupe fully loaded. His mom didn't know much about cars so she let her son fill out the order sheet. He checked every box including the manual transmission and the 3.55 performance axle ratio. He knew she wouldn't care about loud music so instead of getting the Shaker 1000 he selected the new for that year touch screen navigation with Shaker 500 instead.

Once we got to their house and opened the garage door I grabbed the money out my bag. I paid them before I even opened the door to the car. It's literally flawless. 6100 mile completely original stored in a heated/cooled garage with a dehumidifier. Never been wet, never washed, never waxed, top was down when they took delivery in the showroom but hasn't been down since. It's perfect. It has the touchscreen navigation which makes it even more rare. 1 of 5 07 CS's with that option, and it's 1 of 1 with its complete option list. I guess the fact that it's in museum quality condition is just an added bonus.

Now I have a problem. I needed / wanted something to drive for a year or so then flip to buy another clean low mile 05-09 and continue my journey of enjoying these cars. This car is SO perfect I'm scared to drive it. I have other cars but I REALLY wanted to drive this one. I don't want to sell it. I want to enjoy it and keep it forever in the condition it is in right now. I guess I just need to find another low mileage CS manual to use as a daily driver while this one sits.

Attachments

• IMG_1812.jpg
    IMG_1812.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_1898.jpg
    IMG_1898.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_1903.jpg
    IMG_1903.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:

Recon

Established Member
That’s a good looking car; I really like the two tone interior. I want the GT/CS front bumper for my GT, looks great. I’d say drive it some to keep everything functioning properly.
Nice looking GTO, 5.7 or 6.0?

Pick your poison.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Looks nice and clean, but drive it mang. At the end of the day it's a Mustang GT with low miles.

Rainman15

Petey RIP 04/29/05
Established Member
That’s a good looking car; I really like the two tone interior. I want the GT/CS front bumper for my GT, looks great. I’d say drive it some to keep everything functioning properly.
Nice looking GTO, 5.7 or 6.0?

Pick your poison.
6.0 M6 that belongs to my wife. Original owner, 45k miles. Never even been rained on. It's been a great car to own. I sold the 07 GT/CS though. Took the money and bought a 13 GT track pack with 35k miles. Never had one this new so I figured I'd try something different.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Well, congrats on the sale, and purchase of a '13 GT Track Pack. Did you ever get to drive the '07 GT CS much?

Post some photos you the '13.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
What made you change from the S197 platform? I know you mentioned it was your favorite.

Rainman15

Petey RIP 04/29/05
Established Member
Well, congrats on the sale, and purchase of a '13 GT Track Pack. Did you ever get to drive the '07 GT CS much?

Post some photos you the '13.
I put almost 2300 miles on the CS before I sold it. In the middle of that I also bought an 09 glass roof GT to use as a daily driver but I sold that too. The 13 is an awesome car. I'll be keeping it for a while I hope. What can I say, I love Mustangs.

Attachments

• IMG_2961.jpg
    IMG_2961.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_3137.jpg
    IMG_3137.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_3149.jpg
    IMG_3149.jpg
    197.4 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_3186.jpg
    IMG_3186.jpg