2007 Escape Front End Grind

96_slow4.6

my car is really slow
Established Member
Hey guys, title pretty much states the problem and was hoping to get your opinion on the matter. It's pretty much all original equipment ( minus new control arms with new ball joints) with just over 127K miles. When I make right turn I can hear a grinding noise and some minor research says it's the CV axles that needs to be replaced. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Take a video for us to hear, maybe that will help diagnose it better

Crimson2v

Established Member
Premium Member
If it’s grinding I would say the wheel bearing, if it’s clicking that is the cv joint. If it happens on right turns it’s going to be the left front or rear hub bearing. A video would also help.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
If it’s grinding I would say the wheel bearing, if it’s clicking that is the cv joint. If it happens on right turns it’s going to be the left front or rear hub bearing. A video would also help.
Agree, sounds like the bearing is getting close to retirement.

96_slow4.6

my car is really slow
Established Member
Thanks guys, I tried to get a video both with the windows down( which you couldn't really hear anything) and windows up but the quality wasn't very good either. The grind is still somewhat faint just trying to figure it out before it gets real bad. I will start will the wheel bearing as it's more of a grind than a clicking.

nxhappy

Established Member
Thanks guys, I tried to get a video both with the windows down( which you couldn't really hear anything) and windows up but the quality wasn't very good either. The grind is still somewhat faint just trying to figure it out before it gets real bad. I will start will the wheel bearing as it's more of a grind than a clicking.
pull the wheel off and do an inspection ....you will find out pretty quickly where the noise is coming from ...

Users who are viewing this thread