2006 GTO stock vs stock Mach I...

YellowShaker03

I Am Black Jesus
Established Member
From what I've heard and through magazine testing- and please don't flame me for 'mag racing' the Mach can win... barely, seems to be a drivers race. If the GTO was an ls1 model instead of the ls2 the Mach would win hands down in my opinion because of the gearing, weight and other advantages it has over the GTO. But the ls2 GTOs seem to be a bit harder to beat. I had a first hand experience with a silver '06 on the interstate (with my stock '03 Mach) and from a 45 roll (up to about 120) we stayed pretty close, I had about a fender on him and thats it. And yes, I consider myself to be a decent driver, but I have no idea if he was stock, but I assumed he was.

cobra916

Established Member
I see. I would think with the 400 it should starts pulling away, but its a chubby goat...so makes sense.

alaskablkmach

Established Member
I ran a 06 stock and put a fender on him. Then got the mods in my sig and put 5-6 cars on 2 different stock goats. I raced one that had a Full exhaust and cai and we raced from a dig and I spun bad and quit and then we did it again and he spun. Then did a 10 mph roll and about hit each other from going sideways. So we gave up. We are saposed to race again this summer when it is warm. That night it was 22 degrees. I think it would of been close if we could of got traction. They are no joke but a mach needs a hella driver mod stock for stock. (Not haven a big head but I can drive good)

THAITED

Established Member
I've seen goat with tune, CAI, and exhaust runs high to mid twelves all day at the track. I supposed it would edged the Mach stock to stock. Unless the driver's suck.

95mustangGt

Established Member
ls1 gto even drivers, mach. ls2 unless hes a very bad driver gto wins. i raced a buddy of mines ls2 we were both stock we were dead even 1st and 2nd the min we hit 3rd he took off the 6.0 was too much. were both good drivers and ran exactly what are cars are suppose to run at the track.

mebetter

Established Member
It also depends on if the cars are autos or not. A stick mach might beat an auto 6.0 from a roll, and vice versa. But I think auto for auto and stick for stick the 6.0 will more than likely prevail.

mebetter

Established Member
ls1 gto even drivers, mach. ls2 unless hes a very bad driver gto wins. i raced a buddy of mines ls2 we were both stock we were dead even 1st and 2nd the min we hit 3rd he took off the 6.0 was too much. were both good drivers and ran exactly what are cars are suppose to run at the track.

That's exactly what the 6.0 gto does to the 5.7.

Patisi

Established Member
who would win this race? The gto's are extremely heavy so does the Mach stand a chance?

This thread comes up every so often, I don't understand any comparison with a stock LS2 GTO vs a stock Mach Stang. I notice that on the GTO Forums the GTO wins, and on the Mustang forums, the Mach wins most of hte the time. Go figure. I know this for a fact the in stck form my stock '05 LS2 M6 GTO and my stock '04 Cobra are neck to neck with the GTO edging out past 120 mph at Willow Springs Horse Thief Track. GTO has 25,000 miles on the clock, Cobra has 24,000 Miles on the clock. Both cars are stock to the air filters. So what am I missing, do I have a slow Snake or an extremely fast Goat, I think neither?

So here is my question what is the difference between a Mach and an '03 - 04 Cobra? I am sure most will agree that Snake will beat the Mach. I hear people say the GTO is chubby, what is the weight difference between the GTO and Terminator in stock form, about 100 - 125 lbs maybe? In fact I think the Convertible Snake is pretty close to the GTO in weight, someone correct me if I wrong on that one.

So you can see why somethings dont make sense to me. Someone please clarify all this for me. How come we think the Goat is chubby but no one ever talks about the weight on the Terminator in stock form?

BayareaSS

Established Member
This thread comes up every so often, I don't understand any comparison with a stock LS2 GTO vs a stock Mach Stang. I notice that on the GTO Forums the GTO wins, and on the Mustang forums, the Mach wins most of hte the time. Go figure. I know this for a fact the in stck form my stock '05 LS2 M6 GTO and my stock '04 Cobra are neck to neck with the GTO edging out past 120 mph at Willow Springs Horse Thief Track. GTO has 25,000 miles on the clock, Cobra has 24,000 Miles on the clock. Both cars are stock to the air filters. So what am I missing, do I have a slow Snake or an extremely fast Goat, I think neither?

So here is my question what is the difference between a Mach and an '03 - 04 Cobra? I am sure most will agree that Snake will beat the Mach. I hear people say the GTO is chubby, what is the weight difference between the GTO and Terminator in stock form, about 100 - 125 lbs maybe? In fact I think the Convertible Snake is pretty close to the GTO in weight, someone correct me if I wrong on that one.

So you can see why somethings dont make sense to me. Someone please clarify all this for me. How come we think the Goat is chubby but no one ever talks about the weight on the Terminator in stock form?

I agree with you. Stock for stock a 6 speed ls2 GTO should be a drivers race with a terminator. A mach is not fast enough to a driver's race with either one of those cars IMO.

TORNATIC!!

Established Member
Last edited:

TORNATIC!!

Established Member
I agree with you. Stock for stock a 6 speed ls2 GTO should be a drivers race with a terminator. A mach is not fast enough to a driver's race with either one of those cars IMO.

Mach 1 not fast enough to be a driver's race with a LS2 GTO?? I beg to differ. Reason why is with the Mach's gearing and torqeue down low vs the GTO IRS and wheel hop problems the Mach will shoot out to the lead at lanuch and it will take a little while for the LS2 to take control. I've seen a stock time of 13.1 at 105 for a stock Mach 1 5spd which is not too far the best stock LS2 GTO E.T. I've seen which is 12.9.

Users who are viewing this thread