2005 GT KB nets 11's!

JohnnyLightning

Established Member
Hey Guys wanted to post on our new 2005 GT Automatic. Jim sent JLP a 05 Kit to do some testing on our auto. This vehicle is 100% STOCK! Down to the Stock exhaust! @ 9-10-# of boost thru the automatic! we made close to 480 rwhp!. We then took it to the track @ 9-10# with a pump gas tune. This baby Flat out Rips! We put on hoosier drag radials and thats it! the very first pass we got a 1.66 60 ft! and ran a 11.6 @ 116 mph!..We @ JLP Were very impressed with the reults! to say the least!..If you own a new GT or Know somebody that does. This kit is down right unbelievable and Highly reccomended by JLP!..JL

Nick85

Banned
JohnnyLightning said:
Hey Guys wanted to post on our new 2005 GT Automatic. Jim sent JLP a 05 Kit to do some testing on our auto. This vehicle is 100% STOCK! Down to the Stock exhaust! @ 9-10-# of boost thru the automatic! we made close to 480 rwhp!. We then took it to the track @ 9-10# with a pump gas tune. This baby Flat out Rips! We put on hoosier drag radials and thats it! the very first pass we got a 1.66 60 ft! and ran a 11.6 @ 116 mph!..We @ JLP Were very impressed with the reults! to say the least!..If you own a new GT or Know somebody that does. This kit is down right unbelievable and Highly reccomended by JLP!..JL

:coolman:

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
JohnnyLightning said:

Was that 1.66 60ft with the stock auto / stall? :uh oh:

mystic venom

Established Member
So how much power can you safely run with the 05 and newer gt's safely. I was considering upgrading to 03 cobra but seeing what the new gt's do with the kenne bell i'm very impressed! Would the 8 lb be too much or will it handle it?

Thanks

BALCH-Autoworx

Livin' The Dream
Established Member
Johnny is pretty good about replying to posts on the Lightning boards, I have never seen him post on here before and his post count is only 11. He may not have seen enough traffic on here and just forgot about it.

Either way, Johnny, I'll give you a call in about 24,000 miles so I can have a KB on hand when the warranty ends.

FordRacing200

Banned
as to the how much can the 05 gt motor hold, with a peeeeeerfect tune and on borrowed time 550rwhp has been achieved, but with a good tune, i've seen 450rwhp reliably, but one bad tank of gas and some ka-booms have happened, your best bet with an 05 gt is to not exceed 6psi unless u build the motor, because it'll fall apart otherwise

03Cobra05GT

Established Member
FordRacing200 said:
as to the how much can the 05 gt motor hold, with a peeeeeerfect tune and on borrowed time 550rwhp has been achieved, but with a good tune, i've seen 450rwhp reliably, but one bad tank of gas and some ka-booms have happened, your best bet with an 05 gt is to not exceed 6psi unless u build the motor, because it'll fall apart otherwise

Yep. I dynoed @ 473rwhp and bye bye block.

Users who are viewing this thread