FOR SALE: 2004 Torch Red Coupe, Built Block, 2.2KB, 46k Miles

MikesCobra

Established Member
Why was the motor replaced/re-built? what was the milage on the odometer after the build and what is the current milage?

Chili

Not Banned
Established Member
Why was the motor replaced/re-built? what was the milage on the odometer after the build and what is the current milage?

The best answer I have for your first question is: peer pressure. The builder and I were friends and he was trying to convince me to make more power and start going to the track. I never ended up running it but nonetheless spent thousands of dollars. I don’t recall anything being “wrong with” the motor per se as much as it being limitations on the iron block with any mods over and above basic bolt ons. My rationale was to have something that was reliable and not worry that something would fail every time I took it out.

For your second question, I don’t recall the exact mileage but it was somewhere around 42k and in 2015. I’m currently at 46k - I wouldn’t expect it to get any higher than an additional 25mi or so in the next month or two.

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
Just offering....

but to anyone interested I could swing by and take a look at this car for anyone out of the area that is looking. I'm local and always down to check out terminators!

Good luck with the sale Chili, looks super clean!

MikesCobra

Established Member
The best answer I have for your first question is: peer pressure. The builder and I were friends and he was trying to convince me to make more power and start going to the track. I never ended up running it but nonetheless spent thousands of dollars. I don’t recall anything being “wrong with” the motor per se as much as it being limitations on the iron block with any mods over and above basic bolt ons. My rationale was to have something that was reliable and not worry that something would fail every time I took it out.

For your second question, I don’t recall the exact mileage but it was somewhere around 42k and in 2015. I’m currently at 46k - I wouldn’t expect it to get any higher than an additional 25mi or so in the next month or two.
Thank you for the background info.

George2244

Established Member
Here she is, a 2004 Torch Red Coupe, 46,361 miles on the clock. Asking is $32,500 which is not the $23,000 you were looking to find when you clicked on this thread, so sorry for that.

Quick list of mods include:

Motor:
WAP block bored .0020 over
Wiseco pistons
Manley connecting rods
ARP headstuds
ARP Mainstuds
Livernois cam springs
Bullet racing cams .228/.228
KB 2.2
SBTB
Billetflow idler pulley, 2.76 blower pulley
4lb lower pulley
Mishimoto radiator
true forged intercooler expansion
true forged radiator tank
EGR delete

Fuel:
Dual walbro 400 pumps
80lb/hr fuel injectors
division x line upgrade
division x return

Exhaust:
Kooks long tubes
Bassani x pipe
Bassani cutback

Suspension:
UPR chromoly tubular k member
UPR tubular a arms
UPR coilovers
Bilstein shocks
MM Caster/camber plates

There are likely more mods that I am leaving out, but everything was purchased and installed brand new, no used parts or homemade hacks involved.

I bought this car in 2010 with 36k-ish miles on it and had all the work done by Matt Kesatie at Kesatie Motorsports (who left to take a job at Diablosport several years ago; I haven't spoken to him in a while so I'm not sure he's even still there). The only limitation on power production is the 2.2KB. If you give up the nasty blower whine, I'm sure more power can be made. I believe the car made 649/638 with a can of Torco but I can't seem to find that dyno sheet. The one I have is a little less at 606/620 and I don't recall the specifics from that run.

The car is very reliable, everything works, it has a back seat and ice cold air. It was built to be a fun daily with some balls but after having kids I just stopped driving it. It is tuned to run a higher octane, so I generally would do 10 gallons of 93 and a can of Torco. Track runs would obviously require a little more octane, but like I said, I just drove around town and would occasionally mash the gas. Overall I would rate the car a 9/10. I used to drive this to and from baseball games so most of the mileage that I've put on is from highway miles. That said, there are some rock chips and slight scratches in the paint - most of which you'd have to get about 6" away to see. The interior is in good shape with no obvious tears or massive signs of wear on the bolsters. Also, in regards to appearance mods, the only way you can tell the car isn't all stock from looking at the interior is the gauge cluster, Kenwood double din and short throw shifter (I have the stock 6 disc and stock gauge cluster). On the exterior there are true forged vents both in the hood and the ones behind the door (I have the stock ones too), and the widened rear rims (which I believe are the standard ones that everyone has).

It kills me to sell the car, but it just sits in the garage and deserves to be driven and enjoyed more than I can. Any questions please let me know - I go out of town frequently but can usually respond to texts and check the funny pics thread almost daily.

View attachment 1691980
View attachment 1691981
View attachment 1691982
View attachment 1691983
View attachment 1691984
View attachment 1691985
View attachment 1691986
View attachment 1691987
View attachment 1691988

Thanks for looking
Here she is, a 2004 Torch Red Coupe, 46,361 miles on the clock. Asking is $32,500 which is not the $23,000 you were looking to find when you clicked on this thread, so sorry for that.

Motor:
Wiseco pistons
Manley connecting rods
ARP headstuds
ARP Mainstuds
Livernois cam springs
KB 2.2
SBTB
4lb lower pulley
Mishimoto radiator
EGR delete

Fuel:
Dual walbro 400 pumps
80lb/hr fuel injectors
division x line upgrade
division x return

Exhaust:
Kooks long tubes
Bassani x pipe
Bassani cutback

Suspension:
UPR tubular a arms
UPR coilovers
Bilstein shocks
MM Caster/camber plates

There are likely more mods that I am leaving out, but everything was purchased and installed brand new, no used parts or homemade hacks involved.

I bought this car in 2010 with 36k-ish miles on it and had all the work done by Matt Kesatie at Kesatie Motorsports (who left to take a job at Diablosport several years ago; I haven't spoken to him in a while so I'm not sure he's even still there). The only limitation on power production is the 2.2KB. If you give up the nasty blower whine, I'm sure more power can be made. I believe the car made 649/638 with a can of Torco but I can't seem to find that dyno sheet. The one I have is a little less at 606/620 and I don't recall the specifics from that run.

The car is very reliable, everything works, it has a back seat and ice cold air. It was built to be a fun daily with some balls but after having kids I just stopped driving it. It is tuned to run a higher octane, so I generally would do 10 gallons of 93 and a can of Torco. Track runs would obviously require a little more octane, but like I said, I just drove around town and would occasionally mash the gas. Overall I would rate the car a 9/10. I used to drive this to and from baseball games so most of the mileage that I've put on is from highway miles. That said, there are some rock chips and slight scratches in the paint - most of which you'd have to get about 6" away to see. The interior is in good shape with no obvious tears or massive signs of wear on the bolsters. Also, in regards to appearance mods, the only way you can tell the car isn't all stock from looking at the interior is the gauge cluster, Kenwood double din and short throw shifter (I have the stock 6 disc and stock gauge cluster). On the exterior there are true forged vents both in the hood and the ones behind the door (I have the stock ones too), and the widened rear rims (which I believe are the standard ones that everyone has).

It kills me to sell the car, but it just sits in the garage and deserves to be driven and enjoyed more than I can. Any questions please let me know - I go out of town frequently but can usually respond to texts and check the funny pics thread almost daily.

View attachment 1691980
View attachment 1691981
View attachment 1691982
View attachment 1691983
View attachment 1691984
View attachment 1691985
View attachment 1691986
View attachment 1691987
View attachment 1691988

Thanks for looking

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Sadly I have reserve duty this weekend and have been working every other day. I come back on Sunday night and live about 20 mins from there if that helps

I feel you. It will be the first since 2009 that we will not be attending on a Saturday although I may be able to get out late tomorrow afternoon. I too am about 10-15min from the track here in LWR.

Chili

Not Banned
Established Member
Added a bunch of photos and videos (requests) to a Flickr album here: For Sale

Also, ordered the paper title and it came today - so title is in hand!

01ziggy

Established Member

Motor:
Wiseco pistons
Manley connecting rods
ARP headstuds
ARP Mainstuds
Livernois cam springs
KB 2.2
SBTB
4lb lower pulley
Mishimoto radiator
EGR delete

Fuel:
Dual walbro 400 pumps
80lb/hr fuel injectors
division x line upgrade
division x return

Exhaust:
Kooks long tubes
Bassani x pipe
Bassani cutback

Suspension:
UPR tubular a arms
UPR coilovers
Bilstein shocks
MM Caster/camber plates

View attachment 1691980
View attachment 1691981
View attachment 1691982
View attachment 1691983
View attachment 1691984
View attachment 1691985
View attachment 1691986
View attachment 1691987
View attachment 1691988

Thanks for looking
Did this sell

Users who are viewing this thread