2004 Stock CO 'Vert, Dyno Pull

dpj99cobra

NC Mustanger
Established Member
[video=vimeo;137031479]https://vimeo.com/137031479[/video]

I saw somewhere that there were rumors that, in stock form, the 2004's had something done to the exhaust that gave them an edge over stock 2003's but I never expected to see 402 on the first pull!

Pro Dyno guru said it was rare but not unheard of.

https://vimeo.com/137031479

Last edited:

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
std smoothing, all dynos are different, but yeah if truly bone stock that is about 30 or more hp higher than the average terminator. 03s and 04s were pretty much the same, the change to the midpipe did not affect the hp rating. now pulley that thing and have some fun!

D-MANN

Established Member
It was impossible to keep mine stock.
2007d9b65bc29859960191f0f85f64a8.jpg

1c680dcfbdc590b72e4d975c77428971.jpg

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
What is this stock everyone keeps referring to? I don't think I know that language.

Nice car OP.

dpj99cobra

NC Mustanger
Established Member
It's so quiet! Doesn't get any better than that! Nice car OP it's nice to see preserved ones like that

Thanks. It was definitely quieter than the Raptor that was on the rollers right before it:) It almost looked like it wouldn't fit on the dyno, it did.

Nice car!! kinda looks red in the video? I was going to leave mine stock, but.........

I've noticed that the CO hue is effected by a camera's color temperature accuracy more than some. Trust me, it's orange:)

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Beautiful car, but that would be almost 460 hp at the crank, so 70 over rated. Factory freak is one thing, but if the car is bone stock down to the air filter - 70 hp over is inaccurate data, especially in the summer heat.

dpj99cobra

NC Mustanger
Established Member
Beautiful car, but that would be almost 460 hp at the crank, so 70 over rated. Factory freak is one thing, but if the car is bone stock down to the air filter - 70 hp over is inaccurate data, especially in the summer heat.

There's a K&N drop in filter in the stock airbox. I have receipts from dealer maintenance from the original owner and no modifications were revealed to me and from all indicators nothing has been touched. It was driven regularly til' about 3 years ago (17Kish miles) then mostly sat with two owners who drove it little to none. Call it what you want but the Pro Dyno guy has seen LOTS of Cobras and said that, while rare, it's not unheard of to see these numbers with a stock '04 motor. There could also be something to the rumors that the '04 exhaust tweak at the factory improved airflow such that you'd see the benefit at the wheels but not necessarily at the crank since on an engine dyno I'd expect they didn't have a full exhaust installed. Let me add, I'm no expert on dynos and I know that different ones read differently.

I mostly posted so we could all remember what stock Terminators still sound like and are capable of doing:)

coolcobramatt

Mystified and terminated
Established Member
I've had two 03's and two 04's, not one iota of difference made on the H pipe. Congrats on the pickup. The previous owner purchased my old sonic blue vert, who bought it from me off here. Funny how our cars stay in semi-related hands.

blk02edge

Established Member
Factory freaks don't exist. If so there would be something way out of whack with the tune running unsafe. Different air/temps /dyno's make the difference. My car ran two totally different numbers on two different dynos

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
as a rule of thumb, intake is worth ~30, and catback is worth ~30rwhp on an otherwise stock terminator. my 03 dynoed 374 stock and 433 with intake/exhaust only

dpj99cobra

NC Mustanger
Established Member
It's so quiet! Doesn't get any better than that! Nice car OP it's nice to see preserved ones like that

Thanks. It was quieter than most all the others they put on the rollers.

I've had two 03's and two 04's, not one iota of difference made on the H pipe. Congrats on the pickup. The previous owner purchased my old sonic blue vert, who bought it from me off here. Funny how our cars stay in semi-related hands.

I saw pics of that Mach. It's nice. He is keeping it well.

Dan04COBRA

Established Member
Factory freaks don't exist. If so there would be something way out of whack with the tune running unsafe. Different air/temps /dyno's make the difference. My car ran two totally different numbers on two different dynos

There have been a lot of 'factory freaks'. The way to back up freak numbers is at the track. If you've been involved in any circle track racing with crate motor rules, then you've seen an ungodly faster car that has it's crate motor confiscated by the series after everything in the driveline passes inspection.

Mobile dyno, meant more to produce shit eating grins = you'll see higher numbers.

Users who are viewing this thread