whipple04mach

Finally finished my 04 Mach 1 project, got it dyno tuned and numbers were 555hp and 474 ftlbs. Does the torque seem low? What could be causing it? On everyone else’s builds, hp and torque are relatively close. Just a curiosity post as the car pulls just fine for what I use it for.
13# boost
11.6-11.8ish AFR
98 octane (93+Torco)

Power mods:
2.3L Whipple Super Charger — stock pulley (3.5 inch)
stock forged crank shaft and aluminum lower block, with federal mogul speed pro main bearings
-Low compression -21 cc DSS forged pistons and rods, moly rings, clevite rod bearings
-Ported and honed Livernois Stage II heads with upgraded valves
- 03/04 cobra front end accessories
-Single blade throttle body
-SCT BA3000 MAF
-ARH 1 3/4 Long tube headers
-SLP catted x-pipe and mufflers
- Fore Billet fuel rails with 60# injectors, returnless fuel system
-Fore Billet triple fuel hat with 2x Ford GT super car 255lph pumps
-Lethal Performance dual FPDM upgrade kit

Attachments

• EB47C4F7-81F9-438E-9CFC-B30034983B15.jpeg
    EB47C4F7-81F9-438E-9CFC-B30034983B15.jpeg
    277.6 KB · Views: 146

whipple04mach

How much experience does the tuner have with these motors?
He exclusively works with Ford vehicles so that’s why I went with him. He said he’s done a ton of mustangs and a few cobras. No Mach 1s, but they’re pretty similar. At least with my setup. You thinking it’s probably tune related?

Badaz01

Established Member
An H pipe and 1 5/8 long tubes may yield a little more torque. I’d say the intake spacer as well but that’s pointless now you have the blower on. I went with a D1 on my 01 cobra and pulled 505 whp and 474 rwtq same as your torque but 50 hp less. Can’t wait until my new build is done and she is on corn then I’ll see what it does.

whipple04mach

An H pipe and 1 5/8 long tubes may yield a little more torque. I’d say the intake spacer as well but that’s pointless now you have the blower on. I went with a D1 on my 01 cobra and pulled 505 whp and 474 rwtq same as your torque but 50 hp less. Can’t wait until my new build is done and she is on corn then I’ll see what it does.
Well I already have long tubes. I know H pipe will yield slightly more torque but not the amount I feel like it’s down right now. And that’ll be awesome, I think a smaller pulley and E85 might be next for me

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
It's because the blower is barely humping. Once tq goes above hp, the blower is tapped, generally speaking. You're the opposite right now. The blower is extremely efficient. 13psi from a 2.3L is nothing. Looks like a nice linear pull all the way to red line with a flat tq curve. If it runs good and you trust your af is good, I'd leave it alone. I love making peak hp at red line and not say at 5500rpm like a tapped out blower will.

whipple04mach

It's because the blower is barely humping. Once tq goes above hp, the blower is tapped, generally speaking. You're the opposite right now. The blower is extremely efficient. 13psi from a 2.3L is nothing. Looks like a nice linear pull all the way to red line with a flat tq curve. If it runs good and you trust your af is good, I'd leave it alone. I love making peak hp at red line and not say at 5500rpm like a tapped out blower will.
Makes sense, yeah I know the blower has a lot more in it. Might swap to a smaller pulley later down the road for higher boost but for now I’ll leave it as it is. I appreciate the response!

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
Makes sense, yeah I know the blower has a lot more in it. Might swap to a smaller pulley later down the road for higher boost but for now I’ll leave it as it is. I appreciate the response!
No problem. If/when you go up in boost, either run a can of torco accelerator or e85. Don't test the limitations of pump gas- it just isn't worth it.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
If you're only making 13psi you don't have a need for Torco. I don't think you need it until getting past about 18lbs really. But yeah, get a smaller pulley on there. My buddy had his at 16 or 17psi and it was pretty strong.

Users who are viewing this thread