2004 KB 2.2 Cobra vert Vs GSXR600 dig race.

TERMN8U

Established Member
I don’t know if I ever posted this video.
I’m driving my buddies 04 With a 2.2 KB. It was making 560rwhp. The owner literally had Kmart tires on it.
I love how you can hear it wheel hopping like mad as I’m peddling it out.
The wheel hop was so bad that the the SCT Live Wire device flew off the wind shield and hit my head and I could barely see because of the vibration. it was like an intense earthquake. There was no way I was going to let the rider get away with running his mouth like he had, so I literally almost drove the wheels off of it.
He was certainly humble after this beat down though. The car wouldn’t hook until 3rd gear or else the beating would have been worse.
I can’t believe this was 13 years ago!!

Last edited:

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
this is all I could think of when I watched this

TERMN8U

Established Member
Lol. Yah I pulled the light to feed the blower better. Like I said, I wanted to SMASH this guy.

Kiohtee

Established Member
I expected this outcome. Most "riders" don't have the balls or knowledge to properly launch a bike (myself included). Because even an early 2000s 600 would have you pointing up if you weren't careful. Then there's actually knowing when to shift to keep a bike that 'under-powered' (for lack of a better term) in its element.

From a roll though, that bike would be at least by your door, if not ahead of you. Even with that same rider. Typically if you're ahead of a bike by 120-130MPH, there is no coming back.

SVTFastBack

Established Member
My daily commute is an 01 R6 and I had to change out the sprockets and give is some more gear because if you didn't pay attention and blip the clutch the front end is coming off. I've ran Z06's, Maros, Mustangs ect coming off base and the only one I had a problem with was an 09 ZR1. Who ever was on that bike doesn't know jack about launching and even tho it's bad for the clutch it's the power lever you can pretty much keep the throttle open as long as you can modulate the clutch really well. He had no revs when taking off and the Cobra was already walking out at that point and having to crawl off a start like that on an 600cc that has no power under like 7k it was over as soon as it started. Could have gone the complete opposite way easily but some people are just to afraid to launch bikes, I find them easier then cars.

TERMN8U

Established Member
When I said it was on Kmart tires I was being serious. It was like trying to launch in the rain.... the bike had me by a solid 1-2 cars on the launch.
I have had many car vs bike races over the years and the bike better get out off the line, because the bikes fall off on the top end.

Handlebar Moustache

Established Member
Nice run. It is fun to see the smirk get erased and the excuses come out after a run like that. lol.

I raped a 1000cc Suzuki the other day. Not sure if it was a GSXR or not though. I agree that most riders can't/aren't willing to launch their bikes balls out and probably could do a better job driving them. That said, it's pretty tough street launching a 500-plus hp car too.

TERMN8U

Established Member
Nice run. It is fun to see the smirk get erased and the excuses come out after a run like that. lol.

I raped a 1000cc Suzuki the other day. Not sure if it was a GSXR or not though. I agree that most riders can't/aren't willing to launch their bikes balls out and probably could do a better job driving them. That said, it's pretty tough street launching a 500-plus hp car too.
What setup do you have?

Users who are viewing this thread