2004 Competition Orange Coupe For Sale, Low Miles

orange04

Established Member
I would be happy to ship the car! Also willing to help with shipping expenses.

I actually prefer it leave my area so I don't have to see it!

IA Shelby

Established Member
Can you post up some additional pictures of the interior (especially the sparco seats and the rear seat delete.

Any issues with NVH or the cobra clunk?

Last edited:

orange04

Established Member
Can you post up some additional pictures of the interior (especially the sparco seats and the rear seat delete.

Any issues with NVH or the cobra clunk?

I'd be happy to get more pics up. Any shot in particular with the seats? They are Sparco Torinos. Drivers side is attached to the factory 6 way adjustable track. Passenger side is attached to a Sparco slider. Read seat delete is just a standard two piece board, nothing special. Don't forget I still have the factory rear seats.

No clunk issues. When I installed the 4.10s I set the backlash tighter. Also trans end play was set to zero. The car has a 4 inch Coast Driveline aluminum driveshaft and maximum motorsports aluminum pinion bushings. All of these things together have eliminated the "clunk" and all nvh up to a steady 140 mph.

Let me know if I can answer anything else.

orange04

Established Member
Hey Guys,

I come to a point where I need garage space.

Willing to entertain reasonable offers.

Also I do not mind shipping the vehicle or helping with the setup of.

Thanks!

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
I'd be happy to get more pics up. Any shot in particular with the seats? They are Sparco Torinos. Drivers side is attached to the factory 6 way adjustable track. Passenger side is attached to a Sparco slider. Read seat delete is just a standard two piece board, nothing special. Don't forget I still have the factory rear seats.

No clunk issues. When I installed the 4.10s I set the backlash tighter. Also trans end play was set to zero. The car has a 4 inch Coast Driveline aluminum driveshaft and maximum motorsports aluminum pinion bushings. All of these things together have eliminated the "clunk" and all nvh up to a steady 140 mph.

Let me know if I can answer anything else.

How tight was the backlash set? Tighter than .008?

Last edited:

UncleSAm

Blow Me
Established Member
Hey Guys,

I come to a point where I need garage space.

Willing to entertain reasonable offers.

Also I do not mind shipping the vehicle or helping with the setup of.

Thanks!

Can store it at my house hehehehe. I'll take mine out if the garage

orange04

Established Member
How tight was the backlash set? Tighter than .008?

No, we actually set it .008. When we check it, it was over .012 from the factory. It made a difference in the clunk, but it was a combination of all the driveline mods that made it virtually go away.

04Cobra03

Established Member
So the engine has been out and rebuilt, correct? Was it injured for that re-work?

Last edited:

orange04

Established Member
So the engine has been out and rebuilt, correct? Was it injured for that re-work?

No problems with the engine when it was taken out. Ford had just released the updated cylinder heads and I wanted to install them on the engine. Also wanted to install headers. So yanked motor, replaced the pistons and freshened everything up. I did all the motor and trans upgrades at once while everything was apart.

04Cobra03

Established Member
I don't see the need to "freshen everything up" on an engine with only 5K on it. Although it has some upgraded pieces and stuff, I see the authenticity of it being a terminator void in regards to a hand built engine by those who signed the plaque on the valve cover from SVT.

Users who are viewing this thread