2004 cobra with sct swap to hp tuners?

LT1BIRD

Established Member
I bought a 2004 cobra it has a sct programmer that was in the glove box. I am going to want to tweek the tune at some point. Could i use hp tuners and use the current program in the ecu as my base as i know its somewhat close to running good. I want to use a odb2 data display so i can view the sensors while driving etc... thanks for the help!

baby_gonzo

Established Member
I looked into this on my 01 Cobra tuned with an xcal2, and I was finding conflicting information. Some said they could, some said they couldn't. I bit the bullet and went ahead and bought the HP Pro. I first put my stock tune in so I had a stock file, extracted that, loaded my tune back in the car with the xcal, and then was able to extract that tune and compare it to stock. I went ahead and started a new file based off the stock tune, and am using LaSota's book to build a tune. So I haven't tried to change things on the SCT tune. But with the compare function in HP Tuners, it helps to know what was in the SCT tune. Hope this helps.

SecondhandSnake

Established Member
You can do that with a Quarterhorse and TunerPro. I had my initial tune done with SCT. I was able to harvest the tune I had flashed onto the ECU using the Quarterhorse and built from there. You could probably run TunerPro on a tablet and view the live data with that. You can also customize your live data dashboard with it.

Users who are viewing this thread