2004 Cobra w/ Pro Charger; Good Thing or Bad Thing

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
ProchargerCobra said:
is this the article your refering too?
Though the F1A kit has only been out for a short time, we we're anxious to get to the dragstrip and feel the power. Jones gave us the chance after installing a kit on ProCharger's own '04 Cobra, which only had 600 miles on the clock when we got it.

copied from mm&ff website...
Before the test the Cobra was treated to a complete Bassani exhaust, a Ram 9000 clutch, solid 8.8 with 4.10 gears, Strange axles and an Eaton diff. The Snake also had a Steeda rear suspension, Tri-Ax shifter and Energy Suspension bushings. The front anti-rollbar was removed and Mickey Thompson slicks replaced the stock rear rubber. Lastly, 55-pound injectors were installed and the combination was tuned by Jimmy LaRocca of LaRocca's Performance (Old Bridge, New Jersey). Jimmy only had a few hours to dial in the Cobra, but he was able to coax 627 hp and 527 lb-ft of torque from the 4.6.
The shorter tires combined with a harder launch helped improve the 60-foot time from a dismal 1.91 on the first run to a 1.72 and the elapsed time plummeted to a much-improved 11.20, but unfortunately the speed clocks malfunctioned and we didn't get a mph reading. Though we didn't get a speed, I can tell you that the horsepower was unreal. It pulled and pulled and pulled, seemingly forever. I was really impressed.

It just sounds different from what you wrote...plus it says it was the F1..and only getting about 625rwhp in the article really untuned. I have 625 with my p1sc2 so far at 14#s of boost. Just sounds weird to me....???????????
heres the link to the article...http://www.musclemustangfastfords.com/features/0409mm_drag/index.html

Thats a different article with the silver coupe. Blowns car is a sonic coupe.

You are making 625 rwhp with only 14#s of boost? Seems alittle strange to me unless you have ported heads and cams. Not really doubting you but would love more info.

I made best 636 with 21#s of boost and that was on the p1sc2, then only made low 600s with the F1A but couldnt keep the belt on the car

Rwick7

Established Member
ProchargerCobra said:
is this the article your refering too?
Though the F1A kit has only been out for a short time, we we're anxious to get to the dragstrip and feel the power. Jones gave us the chance after installing a kit on ProCharger's own '04 Cobra, which only had 600 miles on the clock when we got it.

copied from mm&ff website...
Before the test the Cobra was treated to a complete Bassani exhaust, a Ram 9000 clutch, solid 8.8 with 4.10 gears, Strange axles and an Eaton diff. The Snake also had a Steeda rear suspension, Tri-Ax shifter and Energy Suspension bushings. The front anti-rollbar was removed and Mickey Thompson slicks replaced the stock rear rubber. Lastly, 55-pound injectors were installed and the combination was tuned by Jimmy LaRocca of LaRocca's Performance (Old Bridge, New Jersey). Jimmy only had a few hours to dial in the Cobra, but he was able to coax 627 hp and 527 lb-ft of torque from the 4.6.
The shorter tires combined with a harder launch helped improve the 60-foot time from a dismal 1.91 on the first run to a 1.72 and the elapsed time plummeted to a much-improved 11.20, but unfortunately the speed clocks malfunctioned and we didn't get a mph reading. Though we didn't get a speed, I can tell you that the horsepower was unreal. It pulled and pulled and pulled, seemingly forever. I was really impressed.

It just sounds different from what you wrote...plus it says it was the F1..and only getting about 625rwhp in the article really untuned. I have 625 with my p1sc2 so far at 14#s of boost. Just sounds weird to me....???????????
heres the link to the article...http://www.musclemustangfastfords.com/features/0409mm_drag/index.html

I'm gonna make this real simple for everyone. I wouldn't take one if they were giving them away :idea:

I've had the P1SC2 and the F1A

Last edited by a moderator:

1nostycobra

Spitting Cobra Club
Established Member
rwhp

I will show you the new dyno sheets when he puts the new blower pulley on and puts in my solid rear, should be in 2 weeks. I dont have a dyno sheet from this one since we tune it all the time for differnt items. Ill post it as soon as i get it.

vetkilr

When 600rwhp isnt enough.
Established Member
Juiced46 said:
Thats a different article with the silver coupe. Blowns car is a sonic coupe.

You are making 625 rwhp with only 14#s of boost? Seems alittle strange to me unless you have ported heads and cams. Not really doubting you but would love more info.

I made best 636 with 21#s of boost and that was on the p1sc2, then only made low 600s with the F1A but couldnt keep the belt on the car

Juiced Ive seen the numbers they are real!!!! :beer:

I believe we have one of the best tuners in the country.

03yellow

Established Member
Yep me too. Then I would sell it(not to some I know, or care about) and get a KB or Whipple; because you'll never,never, never,ever,ever, ever get the procharger to run right on a cobra.

stlblack03 said:
I'm gonna make this real simple for everyone. I would take one if they were giving them away :idea:

I've had the P1SC2 and the F1A

Rwick7

Established Member
03yellow said:
Yep me too. Then I would sell it(not to some I know, or care about) and get a KB or Whipple; because you'll never,never, never,ever,ever, ever get the procharger to run right on a cobra.

LOL...I edited my post...apparently I was still asleep this morning when I typed it. :shrug: :lol:

1nostycobra

Spitting Cobra Club
Established Member
dyno

yes killa and i have the same tuner and he is amazing. Cant wait til the upgrades to 19# :burnout:

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
vetkilr said:
Juiced Ive seen the numbers they are real!!!! :beer:

I believe we have one of the best tuners in the country.

So lets see the #s :beer:

What other mods are on this car?

I had the best tuners in the country tune my procharger and it still made the #s it made with 21#s of boost

1nostycobra

Spitting Cobra Club
Established Member
mods.. 60# injectors, dual focus pumps, accufab throttle body, 4.10 gears, vortech aftercooler box upgrade, relo battery, mac long tube headers, h pipe no cats, magnaflow cat back, spec clutch, larger blow off valve, c & l mass air, reichart racing pulley, hours of tuning....i have put 6k miles on it since the change and not 1 problem. its my daily driver...i know 3 people personally who have KBs who have had them seize up and 2 of them blew the engine...

Users who are viewing this thread