2004 cobra upper lower intake??

Big Cruz

I have a 2002 gt that I just purchased a low milage 04 cobra motor for. I have a vortech T trim and would like to reuse all the piping if possible from my 2 valve. What upper lower intake would you guys suggest?

shurur

Established Member
01 cobra will work too.

Also the 99 cobra...most were revised, still others still may have the unrevised 99 lower intake...but since you are going FI, it really shouldn't matter much....but others may know more about it..I only run NA.

The 99 had a recall to have the lower intake replaced because they were rough and had AL flashing in them.

So some 99s may be revised or unrevised.

I removed mine and replaced it with one from a Mach1...but I plan to keep my original unrevise 99 intake.

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Look on the intake manifold there should be a blue or a green dot of paint.

Its been a while and Ive been away but the blue dot was acid dipped and the green dot was extrude honed or I may have that backwards.

Either way look for the paint marking on the intake to know if it was a recalled unit.

shurur

Established Member
Look on the intake manifold there should be a blue or a green dot of paint.

Its been a while and Ive been away but the blue dot was acid dipped and the green dot was extrude honed or I may have that backwards.

Either way look for the paint marking on the intake to know if it was a recalled unit.

That has been shown to be a ruthless canard.
Mine has a greenish dot and was unrevised.
Some ford workers say it is an inventory mark.
Hell maybe dealers marked the intake and pencil whipped the fix.

But at the same time, SVT could not verify that mine had the fix.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread