2003RedFireVert’s Run-of-the-mill Build

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
Fook all that noise. Pulley it down, get a safe pump tune you can beat on and most importantly be able to drive long distance.

You turned that car into a dyno number that you can’t enjoy. I love cars like yours that aren’t perfect but still look nice. Those are the ones you drive the hell out of and not leave in a garage because you’re scared a leaf might chip the paint.
It actually drives great on the street. Just needs gas all the time :).

Again…I’m not sure why I would spend money on a different chassis when I have this one. I’ll keep thinking about it.

The only thing I’ll regret would be a roll cage, which this car has to have. Once I put that in, no kids riding with me. That’s the one reason that keeps hanging me up.

Last edited:

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I'm sure your car is nicer than you think. We tend to only think about the bad things. Kind of like body dysmorphia, but for our cars. I'm extremely guilty of that.

My kids loved riding in my Cobra when they were younger. Something else to consider, what happens if you blow up part of the drive train? Or worse case it ends up in a wall.

I hate always saying it because I feel like a parrot, but flex fuel is the way to go. I can fill up wherever I need to and can drive wherever I want. I don't change pullies either.

LS WUT

Established Member
View attachment 1807809The last several months I’ve been trying to find a 96-04 chassis that I might want to build into a 1/8 mile race car. Nothing crazy. Maybe a 6 second 1/8 mile car. I have a teksid block, ported 2V heads with cams, some other odds and ends from my old GT. I’m getting a itch to work on something again….

I haven’t wanted to do anything drastic to the Cobra (thinking of preserving it in its slightly modded state but still resembling a stock-ish car) but seeing how low clean convertibles are going for right now in favorable colors…mine being probably the least desirable color combination…needing paint (at least in my opinion)…I might end up using this car for my 1/8 mile drag car…

Ill decide over the winter but basically I would build a solid axle for the car, probably plan on doing some major chassis work to stiffen it…26 spline input with a good clutch…something I can somewhat beat on at the race track…

This car will never be valuable to anyone else but me. I doubt I could get $25k for it honestly…

I regret buying it frankly but it is what it is. It’s mine now. I don’t make millions like most SVTPers so selling/buying/selling/buying is out of the question. I’ll work with what I have. Sell some parts I was going to use for the old plan and see how it goes.

I just know I want another project to work on and it might as well be this one…it’s basically worthless in the Terminator world so I won’t be losing anything tearing into it.
I often times think the same way about my white coupe. I regret buying it because it wasn’t what I wanted, however it was low miles and at the time not a bad price. I hope to be a SVTP baller someday for sure. I think as stated above we all want what we don’t have. You’ve got a bad ass car you can enjoy with your family in its current state.

Users who are viewing this thread