Pics
05a469992a9845813f14cff5a2ab6bb7.jpg
c7f1f319e2078618e8c6b6b50a37fb89.jpg
0eaa276a958c8d261bc72682239fdbf7.jpg
80c8570dd69638003164ce95d016ccad.jpg

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
Sweet, I forget what pumps you have but I had to take a wooden baseball bat to my tank where the pumps sit, just pounded the hell out of to make the tank deeper in that area. Just kinda gave the pumps a little more room where they sit to be safe.

03cobra#2

Hobbyist Of Many Hobbies
Established Member
I have Walbro 465's. I'm thinking they a should be ok.

I plan on doing the spacers tonight or tomorrow. Hopefully it's a matter of just taking out bolts (looks like it's 4 on each side) and slowly lowering it enough to slide the spacers in. I have the car on jack stands and a jack supporting the k member.

Last edited:

cj428mach

Established Member
Sweet, I forget what pumps you have but I had to take a wooden baseball bat to my tank where the pumps sit, just pounded the hell out of to make the tank deeper in that area. Just kinda gave the pumps a little more room where they sit to be safe.

What's your hat setup? Fore? Or lethal? If it's a fore you shouldn't have a problem unless you dented it.

03cobra#2

Hobbyist Of Many Hobbies
Established Member
Getting close to finishing up. Just have to finish wiring up the pump harness in the trunk, install a stainless coolant crossover plug (should be here Thursday), install a 90 fitting on my FRPS (not really fitting on the rail all that well because the blower case is so big), check the blower clearance with the hood now that I have the 1/2" k member spacers installed, and double check the fluid levels, wires ect.

I am still very much undecided on where I am going to take the car to get it tuned, and undecided on exactly what upper pulley to buy (has a 3.5 right now which I will try on the dyno first). Think it's ok to get a base tune online from someone so I can fire up the car and check for leaks, then pick the tuner after that? I would like to fire it up now and make sure the car is good, and get the tune done in April / May once this virus settles down.

03cobra#2

Hobbyist Of Many Hobbies
Established Member
Dropped in a startup tune this morning. Car fired right up and idles for about 5 seconds then stalls out. Giving it a bit of gas does not keep it running. If I unplug the maf I'd don't fire up at all. When it is running in that 1500 rpm or so for a few seconds everything sounds OK. Anyone know where to go from here?

Edit: I'm going to data log the start up with my xcal4 and send it to the guy that did the base tune so he can see what's going on. Again fires up perfect. Just won't hold an idle no matter what.

03cobra#2

Hobbyist Of Many Hobbies
Established Member
I think it's a little of both. Had the tuner add more fuel and forgot to plug a hole in the jlt intake I had. Now that I did that it holds a idle. Still runs kind of rough. One issue I found is the alternator is not charging so my battery voltage was at like 11 volts during my data log, but at least the car is not leaking anything that I can see so far.

Next step is to diagnose alternator charging issue, check very carefully for any vacuum leaks, make sure coolant is purged, and top off remaining fluids.

Final things still to obtain will be smaller upper pulley (for E85 tune) , smaller lower pulley (for 93 tune), and a new set of rear tires. After I get the alternator sorted out and make sure I have no vac leaks I'll get a idle video posted up before I take it for a tune.

After this virus blows over later this spring or summer I'll get the car tailored to a tuner, as it looks like my work is shutting down for at least the next couple weeks.
de16918818bf0bd7ce79843537463d18.jpg

94slowbra1

Established Member
I'm excited for you, love seeing a build come together. Looking forward to the idle then the numbers once its tuned

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
Sorry if I missed it.....but what fuel is in the tank for this startup tune? I see the picture of the jugs in front of the E85 pump.....so I'm assuming that's it?

You have to get the voltage sorted away since 11s is absolutely no good....but if you are using E85 for this startup, did you test it pump side? If your tuner working on the startup file is assuming you have 85% ethanol content.....but what's coming out of that pump is much lower content (i.e. by law E85 can be as low as 53%)......the car is going to run off the charts RICH. In fact, it might not idle at all....and if it does, extremely rough.

94slowbra1

Established Member
We dont have nearly the amount of stations you do either. There is only one in my general area and its 30 miles away. I fill up 5gal vp hugs and store them in the garage.
The new orleans area is very much behind the curve

03cobra#2

Hobbyist Of Many Hobbies
Established Member
I did put E85 in the tank. I will test it before I get a tune done so the tuner and I know exactly what we are dealing with. I just wanted to get something in there for fuel and since I'll be doing a E85 tune first it didn't make sense to pt more 93 in. When summer gets here I'm hoping when I test it, I'll have E75 or better.

papajoewill

Established Member
Making me want to test the new E85 around the corner from me. In for results

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread