2003 SVT Focus

DonaldTaco

Look! Its Unicron!!!!!
Established Member
Hello everyone. I'm thinking about picking up a SVT Focus that has 30,663 miles for $11,998. It looks good from the outside. I test drove it, and it drives great. However, whenever I approached 6000 RPM's (Redline is at 7000), there was a ticking noise from the engine. Not loud, but anybody in the car could hear it. When I backed down from 6000 RPM's, the sound disappeared. Sounded like lifters from older engines. I popped the hood when I returned it and the original owner installed a AEM intake.

Like SVT Cobra's, whats a good sign that somebody dogged the car? What about the price?

jasonpalamar

Established Member
Price is reasonable, I would try to get 11 flat though. As far as the ticking noise, they all do it. It kinda sounds like a min-deasil but it is because of the upgraded internals. The svtF is pretty tough and even if it was beat you should be safe. Mine has 65K on hard miles and nothing major broke. Major things to look for, thermostat housing cracks, cluch cylender fails and causes leaks under clutch pettle. I think the 03's had cluck issues but there is a TSB and Ford will fix it if it had it. Sounds like a good ca though. Also keep in mind that it has a duel state intake the switches to short runners at high RPM. The engine does sounds a little different when it does that

02REDSVT

alienfreek
Established Member
Yeah I just picked my 03 up a week ago with 36,600 miles for 11k... the only issue right now seems to be the clutch master cylinder... did somebody say ford would fix this? Was it a recall at any time?

Users who are viewing this thread